So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

van_guy

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I liked Italy. Wonder if much has changed since I last saw her many, many, many years ago. Hmm, nothing like a gelato on a hot humid day.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] I loved Italy ... I'd kill most everybody on this forum in exchange for some real Italian ice cream.  Or some pizza from Milan ... oh dear God.  No idea what they do to a little dough some cheese and a tomato but man is it ever yummy.  Makes the crap they serve here taste like ... well crap.

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]ol[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]dro[/td][td]s[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="2df297b098a24fb4685cb083ed4f4256" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"] [input name="preview" value="Preview" onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" type="submit"][img]Themes/default/images/blank.gif" alt="" id="fetchSessionTemp"]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I liked Italy. Wonder if much has changed since I last saw her many, many, many years ago. Hmm, nothing like a gelato on a hot humid day.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] I loved Italy ... I'd kill most everybody on this forum in exchange for some real Italian ice cream.  Or some pizza from Milan ... oh dear God.  No idea what they do to a little dough some cheese and a tomato but man is it ever yummy.  Makes the crap they serve here taste like ... well crap.

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]    [style type="text/css"]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/style] [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]ol[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]dro[/td][td]s[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="2df297b098a24fb4685cb083ed4f4256" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  [input name="post" value="Post" onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="3" type="submit"] [input name="preview" value="Preview" onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == " undefined="" !document.postmodify.attachmentpreview.value="" ||="" confirm('you="" will="" have="" to="" reattach="" any="" attachments,="" continue="" with="" preview?'))="" &&="" submitthisonce(this);="" accesskey="p" tabindex="4" type="submit"][img]Themes/default/images/blank.gif" alt="" id="fetchSessionTemp"]

Lise

I hear ya, Van. The gelato in this place pales compare to the real deal. Some awesome pizzas there too though they're super thin but packed with simple flavor. Hmm... I'm hungry and I just ate!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Evening/Morning

lol I'm watching my sister's flight on flightstats. She's less than 2hrs from Munich. I'm staying up, this is cool.

Had a nice night out with a friend who's moving to Winnipeg.

Friends are starting to notice what its like to be me, a friend and I were walking around a building today and 3 girls kept looking up at me as I walked by, the friend noticed this and was like "SD you know that asian girl is staring at you."  "I know" I said "This happens all the time."  "wow, that's so weird" he said. "Welcome to my world."

lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Gee, if I had a penny everytime someone said that to me.........

OMG. Last day of freedom!!!!!! Yaaaaay!!! So excited, so stressed out........... I still have stuff to do and can only do them last minute. It's mayhem, it's excitement. So long work, so long cold weather, so long responsibility (at least for a while) and welcome THE GLORIOUS SUN!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

Morning everyone!  If I don't see you here before you leave, have a wonderful holiday Lise.

Heckyl and Jeckyl have started Spring Break.  And the rain starts.

Anyone have plans for the weekend?  I'm tentatively skiing tomorrow.  But that's it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Morning!

Well, they're not wasting any time in Italy. Right now they're at Ostia Antica. coooooooooooooooooool. I bet Michel's been there.

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostia_Antica_%28archaeological_site%29"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostia_Antica_(archaeological_site)[/a]

Michel

Sportsdude

:O!

haha cool, a place you haven't been!

lol. Just got off the phone with my cousin, his buddy and a kid we used to hang out with growing up, went into the Air Force a few years back got promoted to Germany. (Germany is like the promise land apparently in the military, you have to be committed and have a few years to get placed there). A beer drinking country boy, has a bmw and has drinking contests with girls, of course he'd like Germany. lol  (and he's living off base and in a city)

haha

Lise

Well, spring break's off to a decent start. Welcome wet rain and snow. Brrrr. I hear Mexico's economy is suffering because students aren't heading down there due to the gang violence. I don't blame them. I wouldn't want  my kids going there. Period.

Countdown's just started. Wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight......
Bill Cosby.

Michel

van_guy

Lise wrote:
I hear ya, Van. The gelato in this place pales compare to the real deal. Some awesome pizzas there too though they're super thin but packed with simple flavor. Hmm... I'm hungry and I just ate!

Yeah when i first got the pizza - i felt pretty gipped - like what the hell?? -  a little tomato sauce a slice of cheese and a couple of mushrooms ans a thin crust.  Then you put it in your mouth and - what the hell ??  how can that taste soooo goooood?

Sportsdude

*yawn*

3 parties in one night. 3 different age groups. lol
19-21 22-25  28-35

I go to more 28-35 parties then my own age group. ugh

Lise

van_guy wrote:
Yeah when i first got the pizza - i felt pretty gipped - like what the hell?? -  a little tomato sauce a slice of cheese and a couple of mushrooms ans a thin crust.  Then you put it in your mouth and - what the hell ??  how can that taste soooo goooood?

LOL. That's my first exact thought! All I got on mine was a piece of basil, not even mushrooms. Yummy!

OK. Off to see Mr. Sunshine. Y'all take care and behave.

Bill Cosby.

|