So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Ahahaha. Too funny. Remind me NEVER to eat at SD's place.

Heading out to the mall today in panicked mode. Just realized that Lise Jr Jr's b'day is just around the corner and haven't even started planning anything just yet. I gotta order the cake, get her something (that won't add to the collection of gazillion toys) and tidy up the place.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

lol.  I've done that SO many times, Lise.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

So, what's the sercet to your success, LM?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol lil me.
We're waiting for the other roommate he's bringing all the pots and pans. Then we're all going to make Chinese food 24/7 probably.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
 So, what's the sercet to your success, LM?

--

Well, I remember when my boys were younger...every task took longer.  It felt good just to get a start...to do something.  I used to make lists (still do) and check off one item at a time.

The sad reality is that the younger child doesn't need much...or expect much.... my Jeckyl used to be over the moon when he had a new toy for his bday...something that was NEW and HIS.  lol

These days, I'm pretty casual about kid bdays.  I ask the kids what they want, and we go shopping together.  After that, we'll go out for pizza...or get take-out or whatever.

Me n Ed's has a kids club...if you sign up, the child gets a free little pizza and drink for their bday.  Jeckyl is pretty stoked when his bday card arrives in the mail from Me n Ed's.

We had a bday party with kids for Jeckyl this year...but Heckyl is older and I managed to convince him that we could do something else instead.  I h8 kid bday parties.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I sleep now.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/muede/c015.gif[/img]

8:30 ferry.....5:30 rise.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

Lise

Ah, that's so sweet LM. I should really enjoy my kid's b'day... I mean she's two so she's like your wee one when he used to be over the moon as soon as he gets something new. I went out yesterday and bought her a moving baby that speaks when you put a bottle into its mouth. That should keep her busy for a while.

Lucky my hubby was with me. He stopped me from buying this giantic doll house.......... *sigh*

School's just started. Time to start using the old noggin. Students from 3rd year are panicking like crazy so we'll have to break them down easy. Somehow. Maybe get their pacifiers away from them for a change.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I'd LOVE to have a doll house.  (even now)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

How is the lunch thread?

I am too lazy to read back so I will assume you all had an adventurous weekend.

I had a great weekend. Looking forward to another road trip, wherever that may be?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Have fun being on the road Van. I've never been this excited over school since grade school when I'd get my picture taken with my sister as we trotted off to class. lol

Does any of you do this with your kids? Take the kids pictures of them in their outfits on the first day and then chronicle each year in a scrapbook of some kind?

(shucks this is a PC question and she's on her vacation lol)

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
Does any of you do this with your kids? Take the kids pictures of them in their outfits on the first day and then chronicle each year in a scrapbook of some kind?
--
 Heavens, no!
 My mother used to do that.  At the bus stop.  Bus driver waiting with the door open while my mother was still lining us up to take pictures.  It was mortifying.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

|