So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

oh stone walkway would look excellent. What type of stone?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

There already is stone walkways....but I thought I might like to do the dining area in them.  I got the stones from Goose Spit.  Smooth, round flat stones.  (it was a lot of work though....not sure if I'm still up for it.....lol)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Oh. Way back when we created this brick patio. It was cool.  

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

Lovely blooming pots, P.C.

Hope purelife and Mr purelife had a nice chill day.

Went to Canada Day fireworks out here in the 'burbs.  Love these community events, because your friends and neighbours are ALL there.  Like everybody you know in the 'hood.  Live music, great bevvies in the wide mouth Nalgene bottle...what's not to like?

Been pacing myself!!! Drinking since early afternoon in the heat of the day, but still hiked about 5km, went swimming, went out for dinner, and went to fireworks and back.

Maybe I'll get lynched for saying this on Canada Day...but that pisswater American beer is very refreshing indeed...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Indeed, relaxation and easing of ones mind is good for us all.

You drinking my hometown stuff or the enemy (Miller, Coors)?

lol speaking of drinking, a childhood friend of mine decided to tell the world that she's had a crush on me since the second grade. lol hilarious. It was for about 40 minutes "I love you SD" over and over again. hilarious.

Lise

Thanks for the garden tips, Ms. PC! I will try the tomatoes and see what happens. The girls might get a trill out of watching it grow. Will get hostas too, seems like a good tolerable plant to try. LOVE (PLUS PLUS) your garden pictures. Must required a lotta work by the look of it.

Is it too late to grow peonies? I keep seeing them around and they look soooo pretty.

We didn't do much on Canada Day. Hubby kept saying it's too hot and he's too tired. Bummer. I did grill some hamburgers though.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Good morning !  Another gorgeous day on the horizon.

'Burb' events are fun Lil Me.....a real sense of community.  You gave yourself quite a workout.......WOW.  I didn't partake in any event, especially the 5k hike.....yet I'm stiff as all get out this morning.

Lise.....it's probably a little late to start a garden now....although you might be able to pick up a few left-overs and some perennials at your garden shop.  Cut off for planting is usually around end of May.  If you want the kids to grow something for the fun of watching it grow, get some radish seeds.  They grow so rapidly, that kids get to see their results quickly.

Peonies are lovely.  Mine is doing good with foliage, but I see no flower buds yet.  Hmmmm    

purelife

Good morning everyone.

Nice garden PC.  I especially like the planters and the archway.  I hope to someday have my own garden.

Sounds like a great Canada Day had by Lil Me.  :)      

Lise

Evening all. A friend of mine mentioned that peonies take at least two years before they start blooming?

Anyways, looking at one side of my garden... pitiful. All I'm successful is - growing more weeds. Ah well, at least they've got some pretty colors.

BORING at work today. Nothing happening. I'm down to scraping gunk off the kits. Bloody waste of my time. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Evening all. A friend of mine mentioned that peonies take at least two years before they start blooming?

Anyways, looking at one side of my garden... pitiful. All I'm successful is - growing more weeds. Ah well, at least they've got some pretty colors.

BORING at work today. Nothing happening. I'm down to scraping gunk off the kits. Bloody waste of my time. *sigh*

That's true for a lot of plants Lise. But at a good garden center, you can get plants that are matured....so you don't have to wait.  Like asparagus, which takes a couple to 3 years, you can buy 2 or 3 year old 'roots'....no waiting.[/DIV]

Sportsdude

baah P.C. said 'center' my eyes, my eyes. lol

Lil Me

Evening!  It was a hot one today.  Wow.
 My grandmother moved into a seniors' home today, so she's in the 'hood with me.  We've spent the better part of the last two days with her.  So hard to give up your independance, but I think she'll enjoy "retirement" living- own apt, but meals and cleaning provided....she's 90 years old...so it's about time for her to take it easy.

Worked out in the taekwondo gym with a bunch of "kids" tonight.  Bunch of black belts who are half my age.  Ulp.  That was a cardio conditioning challenge in the heat, but I made it!!!  Harumph.   Time for another pisswater American beer.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

SD- for clarification, I'm drinking "the enemy".  MGD.  

Sportsdude

What kind of American Beer?
Half your age? wow.

Sportsdude

Why I outta! lol hehe
Bah I drink Miller more then Bud. I'm still mad that my parents moved from Milwaukee before I was born. They'll never live that down. lol I love the Milwaukee-Chicago Area.

|