So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Weird.  I was playing with dolls when I was 10.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol you lived a peaceful childhood. I started writing about politics in class at 10. gun control, oklahoma city bombings, atlanta bombings which I saw live on tv, bosnian war watched it on nightline, elections of '96 in the middle of the tech boom and the Unabomber got arrested. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You poor thing.  I always think kids who don't get to be kids miss out on valuable life lessons and growth.

Oh....and my childhood was anything but peaceful.[/DIV]

Sportsdude

It was a crappy year. It was not fun.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

G'morn!

I had a great weekend! Too much going on to even write it here. Lots of sun that is for sure!

Looks like a hard childhood sports. I feel spoiled. My childhood was filled with ski trips, bbqs at the lakes, biking trails, and camping. The only politics I cared about was the fight between the Autobots and Decepticons! (Transormers for those who are not familiar). HA!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Morning Van!

I loved being 10.  It was the last "magical year" before reality set in!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Morning Van and Lil Me

I hardly remember being 10, but I'm going out on a limb here to say that I probably was.  Reality still hasn't kicked in for me....but I'm sure it will happen soon.  Whoever said ignorance is bliss, was on to something.

A bit overcast here today, but still nice and warm.  Company coming today, for the weekend, so a little sunshine would be nice.  

Van

Hi Lil Me and PC!

Ahhh! I loved those days in the summer. Before the summer job of the teen years...when the days seem to last forever...when my dad would come home from work with burgers for the BBQ....when a couple friends, a fishing rod, and a bike was all you needed *sniffle*  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Everybody sing!!!

oh when I look back now
 the summer seemed to last forever
 and if I had the choice- ya I'd always wanna be there
 Those were the best days of my life

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Nice Van.  That's one thing I do remember...... a day seemed to be much longer than they are now.  (I wonder why they changed it....sometimes I wish they'd leave well enough alone)

Van

Seriously! I am really sad now thinking about this. Life is cruel, isn't it!

P.C.

I suppose it is in some respects.....that's why you have to make an effort to make each day wonderful.  And when you think about it....as you get older, a bad day is much shorter than it used to be.

Van

True PC! *sigh of relief*. I feel much better now.

I just hope when I die, it is a quick process. Also, in the next world, I hope I get Wolverine claws!!

P.C.

Wolverine Claws ?  Is this an affliction that affects one's fingernails ?

I think in my next life, I want to come back as me.  But I want any wisdom I have gathered from this life to remain intact.  Then I could right any wrongs and do all things more carefully.  An opportunity to do it really right.

Van

Wolverine claws may not do much but catch fish quickly, but darn they look cool!

|