So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

WOW....90 !!!!  

I think of that on occasion.  About what it will be like to no longer be able to do the things I like.  The mind still being willing, but the body not co-operating.     How sad.

I hope it's a wonderful experience for her Lil Me.  She may LOVE not having to deal with the mundane.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I'm hoping, P.C.  She's slowed down a lot in recent years (but will NOT admit this to anyone) and is not as sharp as she used to be.  But this change is for the best, as she was in a bad situation- she had been living in an apt which was owned by a relative, and the family politics were getting complicated.

Btw, if ayone knows someone 60+ who could use a rent subsidy (paid in cash), there is a great program that my grandmother has been using...
 [a href="http://www.bchousing.org/programs/SAFER"]http://www.bchousing.org/programs/SAFER[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Still it's 90. That's amazing.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I'm hoping, P.C.  She's slowed down a lot in recent years (but will NOT admit this to anyone) and is not as sharp as she used to be.  But this change is for the best, as she was in a bad situation- she had been living in an apt which was owned by a relative, and the family politics were getting complicated.

I'm in the early stages of this form of denial.....lol.  When I embark on a 'physical project', how often I hear Sawdust say....you're not 25 any more you know.  I deny it.

I bet it won't take long to realize how nice it is,  not having to deal with the cooking and the cleaning.

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
I'm in the early stages of this form of denial.....lol.  When I embark on a 'physical project', how often I hear Sawdust say....you're not 25 any more you know.  I deny it. --

lol P.C. It must really suck now that you've turned 30.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
  [em][/em]I'm in the early stages of this form of denial.....lol.  When I embark on a 'physical project', how often I hear Sawdust say....you're not 25 any more you know.  I deny it.

I bet it won't take long to realize how nice it is,  not having to deal with the cooking and the cleaning.

--------

Oh I hear yeah completely. Every time I go to the gym and start working out and start aching etc. I tell myself I'm not a kid anymore, I've got to stretch before working out, cuz I'm old.

P.C.

lol P.C. It must really suck now that you've turned 30.

Yes...yes.....this is true.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/figuren/g025.gif" border=0]

P.C.

P.C. wrote:

I'm in the early stages of this form of denial.....lol.  When I embark on a 'physical project', how often I hear Sawdust say....you're not 25 any more you know.  I deny it.

--------

Oh I hear yeah completely. Every time I go to the gym and start working out and start aching etc. I tell myself I'm not a kid anymore, I've got to stretch before working out, cuz I'm old.

What the hell are you talking about.  You're not even 25 YET !!!  

Sportsdude

Yeah but I've had a lot of surgeries. Over the years the constant "you're going to have your knees replaced" and the okay you'll need surgery now. Then when you try to work out and you hear popping noises. Its not good for the psyche.  

P.C.

So what do they say to you ?  

SD....you're not 3 any more.  

Sportsdude

hahaha. Well at 13 I got the "these knees won't make it to 60" speech. I just have bone rubbing against bone. I'm on borrowed time knees wise.  

P.C.

Well it sounds to me like you've got about another 40 years before you start whining about your knees.

Sportsdude

Hahaha. I wished deterioration worked that way.

Every time I walk my knees sound like I'm walking over dry leaves. ah crap my knees are acting up can't sit too long or they start acting up.

I need to be put out to . lol

P.C.

I think if you're throwing in the towel when you're barely in your twenties....perhaps you should start grazing.

Sportsdude

lol. Its a long running joke I've been doing for over a decade.  

|