So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

49er

No......I live by the bay.  Firefighters are having difficulty fighting the fires is because fires are in remote areas and hard to get to.  Some are parachuting in to fight some of these fires

P.C.

That has been going for a few weeks, hasn't it ?  I remember you mentioning it a while back.   I hope you see some clear skies soon.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

The news folks were talking about the fires in the Big Spur area.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Is that anywhere near Big Sur ?

Sportsdude

lol I goofed. Sur.  

P.C.

Just call me Ma'am.

Sportsdude

Sportsdude

I got a flag pole finally, so the house is standing out in a bunch of usa flags. lol  

Lil Me

Evening!  Great day here.  Finished up the lacrosse tournament, had a team BBQ at Belcarra.  Surprisingly quiet there.  Was everyone working today, or is everyone already cooked after the weekend and staying indoors?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Wow....hot day for a tournament.  Kids had fun ?  

Spent the whole weekend in the yard.... raking and tidying and general fussing.  It is so hot out there still.  I LOVE it.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/e100.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

It was a fun tournament weekend, even though the inside of the arena is like a sauna.  Kids had a great time.  I think we all could have used a bit more "outdoor" time, but that's ok.

Garden is happy right now, P.C.?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Holy cow!! Boy, is it ever hot here!!

Just came back from Seattle. Had a blast there. The zoo is magnicifient, tons of animals but tons of ppl as well. Waaaay better than our GVZoo here. At least over yonder you can actually see the animals up close and personal. We were several inches from an orang utan who just sat by the window, looking at anyone. Dunno who's more curious, the primate or us.

Pike Place Market was soooo crowded. Too many ppl again. We couldn't even stay around to see the fish being tossed. Just wanted to get the hell out.

Good coffee down in Seattle. Very nice. Starbucks is EVERYWHERE! Couldn't believe my eyes cause you see SB every five seconds. Everyone's either holding onto a SB latte/frap/whatever or line-ups out the door. These ppl are caffeine crazy!  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Garden is very happy Lil Me.

Glad you had a good time at the zoo.  I've never been there.....would you say it was worth the trip, Lise ?

Sportsdude

Is the Zoo in Seattle free?

purelife

Hi everyone.

We're having a great long weekend so far.  We swam at the outdoor pool at Stanley Park, went for a bike ride at the trails and discovered a nice local farm market that opened up recently.  I love this new farm market.  All the fresh fruit and veggies... loaded up the fridge with just about every fruit out there. :)

We wanted to get the tower fan at Costco but they were all sold out.  I hope they're going to get some soon.

Lise - how much was admission at the Seattle zoo?  Was it far from the Space Needle?  And it's really better than GVZoo?  We went to the GVZoo and we weren't impressed.  And, it was really expensive.

PC - I've never seen your garden before.  Will we get to see some pics one day?

|