So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Just curious, how come you had to go back home for the summer?  I remember you saying that you didn't want to be back home?  

You guys don't have a/c?

Sportsdude

family reasons.
yeah the a/c is blasting away, the basement is a freezer. lol
Its not great to go outside yet. 2hrs it will be 'bearable'. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lil Me

Hey everyone!

Toasted leftover chicken sammy for my munch.

Made it to my aunt and unc's ex-garden in North Van.  Pulled out a truckload of easy shrubs, left the huge ones behind.  No mishaps- only missed 4th gear going up the Cut....

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good job Lil Me.  I wish someone would let me raid their garden.  So are you keeping them in pots?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

lol.  No jungle on my deck.
 Left the shrubs at my friend's house.  She's a talented gardener.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Michel

purelife

You get to go home early, Michel?  How sweet!  :)  

Dinner was corn, omelet, some tofu puffs and then going to cut up the canteloupe.

Michel - When I checked for jobs, the ones that I wanted to apply for (can't remember which ones) asked for French.  I don't think I'll apply now though. :)  Maybe it has changed now.

LM - That was very nice of you to give those plants to your friend.  :)  

Sportsdude

Chicken teriyaki for dinner.  

Russ

Van wrote:
 Also, to be honest, besides a girl on a beach with a surfboard, the only thing sexier would be if she had a French accent. (or Italian...or Spanish...or...) [/DIV]
 I know this is old.. but I had to reply to this. Lets be honest.. as long as she cant speak barely ANY english or at least heavily accented broken english its SEXAY as hell!

Scantily clad womens on the beach rule.

<looking over shoulder for starfish>
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

purelife wrote:
Michel - When I checked for jobs, the ones that I wanted to apply for (can't remember which ones) asked for French.  I don't think I'll apply now though. :)  Maybe it has changed now.

I thought this too. As far as I remember you need to speak a bit of french or at least a number of years in HS to prove you knew some words at least for a gubbernment job? You sure about that Michel? Interesting anyhow.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Well I looked up stuff for applying to the Foreign Service. You don't necessarily have to speak both languages but your pay is about 20k lower to start like 45k for anglo only 65 for bi to start.  

P.C.

[FONT size=5]RUSS ! [/FONT] [FONT size=4]Dintcha look at your messages [/FONT]?????  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/tiere/k030.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|