So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Yeah I know. It should be french. lol but until I can eliminate spanish from my head its not going to work out.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Why not try something exotic, like Welsh?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Or Mandarin.

I sure will Gophie.  :)

Sportsdude

lol lol
I brought up the Mandarin option to my mother and she said "SD please, you'd fail." lol
latin based languages only please. lol

For a job? Unless I go working for the fed, I don't need french in BC. Plus the govt puts you through a 52 week program of intensive french language training. Also its not like I could get a fed job in the near future its for 'canadians only unless in dire need as the millionth option'.

I've got some options with what I want to do, I've always wanted to live in Europe...

Lil Me

When do you need 2 yrs of language training?  To get into UBC, or to graduate?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Nice little pizza lunch today. Went to a pub with a former co-worker. No beers today though, just ice tea.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

Ice tea and pizza sounds like a yummy lunch, Van. :)

I had an apple, ham/cheese sammich and veggie soup.

P.C.

SD wrote:  I've got some options with what I want to do, I've always wanted to live in Europe...

....and all this time, I thought you've always wanted to live in Canada.

Speaking French is 'rewarded' in careers where it may never even be used.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Yes, French is a beautiful language too. Knowing some Spanish is a poor excuse not to learn French. I learned some French. Sadly lost it due to not using it too much. Like calculus. I lost a lot of that too.

PC, I think sports liked the idea of Canada, until he moved to Canada. Then realized the pedestal that he put Canada on before he moved here, crumbled like the end of a Jenga game.  Europe may be a better fit? A person would never know unless they try.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I've always believed that the knowledge of one of either language...French or Spanish...was beneficial in learning the other. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n020.gif" border=0]

Michel

Van

Also, to be honest, besides a girl on a beach with a surfboard, the only thing sexier would be if she had a French accent. (or Italian...or Spanish...or...)

P.C.

Free yougurt Vitalité on robson and thurlow

I'm all over it Michel.  

Van....I suspect that if she had no accent at all, you would still find something sexy about her.  (gotta love a man who loves women.)[/DIV]

Van

Unless she put a cigarette in her mouth. That is a major turn off!

Sportsdude

Van wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Yes, French is a beautiful language too. Knowing some Spanish is a poor excuse not to learn French. I learned some French. Sadly lost it due to not using it too much. Like calculus. I lost a lot of that too.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] PC, I think sports liked the idea of Canada, until he moved to Canada. Then realized the pedestal that he put Canada on before he moved here, crumbled like the end of a Jenga game.  Europe may be a better fit? A person would never know unless they try.

hahaha

Non, I took 2 1/2 years of spanish and then needed to take Spanish again, but Spanish was full in h.s. so they made me take French for 2 years. Barely passed, struggled with the utter confusion of saying something in Spanish in French class or thinking of Spanish. Then I didn't say a word or read either Spanish or French for 3 years. Took a Spanish class again 2 years ago, still confusion.

If I want to learn French I've got to do it in Quebec or France. I'm American, Spanish is too prevelant here.

About Canada? I love Canada, I wish I didn't come home for the summer break. I came to Canada because I didn't want to be considered 'American' anymore, wanted to experience something different, and being 'Canadian' gets me further in other places in the world then 'American'. And frankly I'd just rather live in British Columbia over other places.

I've always had this connection/pull to Europe due to family stuff and my cultural roots which have always been a mystery. I explained to a friend that Europe to me is this 'holy land' of cultures and fusion which I've always admired and wanted to be like. A lot of Americans dream of Europe as Europeans long for N.A.

If I didn't like Canada I wouldn't get homesick for BC. lol
I start beaming when people say I'm Canadian or I get to talk about Canada and British Columbia.

|