So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

^lol! all good sportdude. Europe rocks!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Non, I took 21/2 years of spanish and then needed to take Spanish again, but Spanish was full in h.s. so they made me take French for 2 years. Barely passed, struggled with the utter confusion of saying something in Spanish in French class. Then I didn't say a word or read either Spanish or French for 3 years. Took a Spanish class again 2 years ago, still confusion.

SD....if you took 2 1/2 years of Spanish, and 2 years of French....then you would more than qualify for the requirements at UBC...no?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

haha! Yeah I'm pretty content I found the best place in North America to call home, now I want to explore the world. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Best place in North America is not good enough! The signs say Best Place on Earth!! OK!! Got it? Good!!

LOL!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
[em]Non, I took 21/2 years of spanish and then needed to take Spanish again, but Spanish was full in h.s. so they made me take French for 2 years. Barely passed, struggled with the utter confusion of saying something in Spanish in French class. Then I didn't say a word or read either Spanish or French for 3 years. Took a Spanish class again 2 years ago, still confusion.[/em]

SD....if you took 2 1/2 years of Spanish, and 2 years of French....then you would more than qualify for the requirements at UBC...no?

Really its 3 years of Spanish.
The first two years of Spanish were done in Middle School so students could be doing upper university spanish/german/french/latin (the languages available at the school) by your last year in H.S.
Last two years of H.S. I did French.
Then I took a night class spanish class. Still didn't get it. lol

Well to graduate they want a foreign language.

P.C.

Really its 3 years of Spanish.
The first two years of Spanish were done in Middle School so students could be doing upper university spanish/german/french/latin (the languages available at the school) by your last year in H.S.
Last two years of H.S. I did French.
Then I took a night class spanish class. Still didn't get it. lol

Well to graduate they want a foreign language.

OK.  I'm getting confused.  

So admittance to UBC requires that you have 2 years of a foreign language.  You've had 5 years.  Spanish and French ARE foreign languages.  Where is the problem ?  

Sportsdude

I think they want me to take 12 credits of a foreign language at UBC. That's what the letter implied, requirements for graduation.  

JJ

I've run into the language require problem before with UBC.  They want you to have French 8-12 if it's from high school.   If you it university courses you need 2 years.    

P.C.

Same here JJ.  I took 8, 9and 10 in high school, and dropped it for 11 and 12.  School career counselor said it was no longer a requirement.  Turned out she was wrong.

JJ

She really wasn't wrong, just not totally informed.  You do need just 3 years of high school language to get in to UBC, but to get your degree you need the equivalent of French 12.      

P.C.

OK....I'm wrong all over the place.  It wasn't French at all.  (I thought about it after I posted and remembered taking French 12).  It was Academic Math.  I don't know what things are like now, but when I went to school, there was a General Math Program and the Academic Math Program.  It was the Academic Math I dropped.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

purelife

Uh, I'm really confused about this whole language thing.  But I did take French from 8-12 and wished that I kept it cuz I could've been working for teh gov't.

I was crossing the street earlier and this fracking $%&* Purolator 5 tonne truck decides to turn when pedestrians had the right of way to cross.  I was like "Does this truck want to find out how many people he could kill in one sweep?"  /end of rant

purelife

Michel wrote:
Free yougurt Vitalité on robson and thurlow

I got it last week.  They were at the corner of Thurlow and Melville - which I found very odd considering it wasn't a high traffic area compared to Robson and Thurlow.

Sportsdude

Silly trucks.
Have fun biking pl!

Sportsdude

god its 34 outside.
grrrrrrrrr
Last night it was wondering where I was going to die with tornadic weather and monsoon rains while I was working (I hate tornadoes during the night for obvious reasons you can't track them).
Now its an oven.
grrrrrrrrr

|