Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

just got back from a dinner and a movie
had my pho.

saw that Dan in real Life. good flick.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Dinner was Me-n-Ed's pizza with wine after my taekwondo test.  I passed my red belt and broke a board with a jump spinning hook kick.  (it was fun....)  

OMG Lil Me......Congratulations !!!!    Black belt is next ???  You're really moving along !

*I'm SO impressed.

Nice to have a 'mom lunch' purelife. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/a078.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

wow Lil Me!!!
AWESOME!!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Morning!  It's cold so far.  2degrees C, but the sun is starting to burn off the fog, so it might be warm by lunchtime.  Good thing, because Heckyl is camping this weekend in the Fraser Valley.  Just returned from driving him out there.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

It's definitely cooler out there....but still doesn't have that bite in the air yet.

I have found a new love.  Yes....it's true.

A leaf blower.  

I've poo-pood them for years, presuming they wouldn't do the job.  I figured once the leaves were wet and decaying, and stuck to the gravel driveway....they wouldn't budge without taking half the driveway with it.  Well.....I was wrong.  It works well.  It doesn't do as 'tiddley' a job as raking.....but it sure takes the bulk of the work out of it.  (hard on the back though)  I'm having a wee break.

Gopher

A [FONT size=1]WEE [/FONT] break? You don't mean to say you've got a computer in the toilet?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Yes Gophie....we do.  We have one in every room of the house......just incase.

Lil Me

Nice day for raking leaves.

Hi Gophie!  Hi P.C.!

What's for lunch?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Hi Lil Me. I'm having chicken balti (a kind of curry) again.

P.C.

Nice day indeed.

Lunch will be leftovers.....sesame garlic chicken, potstickers and stirfry veggies.  

Gopher

Sounds good enough to me.

P.C.

Hey Gophie.....do you plant spring bulbs in the fall ?  If so, can you tell me if you put anything in with them.....like bone meal or something ?????  I never plant spring bulbs, as the deer get them before they're an inch out of the ground.....but I thought I'd give it another shot this year. They deserve a tender treat as we continue to build houses all over their territory.

But it's been a while, and I can't remember what I used to do.

Gopher

I just stick 'em in and hope for the best. Actually I do very little planting of spring bulbs, I just rely on the same ones coming back year after year - they usually do. Incidentally, big surprise, my primroses have started to come into flower again.

I agre with you, the deer DO deserve a tender treat. I wonder what bulbs are particularly deer friendly?

P.C.

I just adore watching something creep up through the soil in the spring.  I think it's less about the flower than it is about seeing spring start its work.

Well, I must get back to work.

Have a good day, Gophie and Lil Me.

P.C.

Deer LOVE tulips and gladiolas.  They're a little fussy about the daffs.

|