So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

You're dead right, PC. I get the same sort of thrill every time I see a new shoot appear - doesn't matter what plant it belongs to, the evidence of new life is always something special.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 Deer LOVE tulips and gladiolas.  They're a little fussy about the daffs. .............

The more expensive things, of course.

P.C.

Of course.

Creatures of such beauty should be allowed a tiny bit of indulgence.

Off I go !!!!
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Have a good day.

I'm back to work as soon as Mr LM returns from Home Depot.  Replacing light fixture in the kitchen.  It wasn't until we took off the old unit, that we discovered there is no outlet box in the ceiling.  So off he went to buy one.

Of course, the "simple" project has now increased to patching the old holes in the ceiling, painting the ceiling, and then punching new holes for the replacement fixture....

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Ah, the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Sportsdude

afternoon guys!
I've got a busy day ahead, going to mail off some letters, then I got an email from a friend saying she can't make this white water rafting trip tomorrow. Wanted to know if I'd like to go in her place. lol white water rafting in october. brr

have a good day

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

You didn't get to go to Van ?  Bummer.  Nice consolation prize though.  Are you white water rafting here ?

OK.  I have fallen out of love already.  I'm breaking up with the leaf blower.  He's just a big blow hard....nothing more.  Where's the caring....the attention to detail....the sensitivity ?????  I can tell already he's the type that's good at looking like he's attentive while he's with you, but thinks nothing of making a mess in some other place at the same time.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]

A yard wrecker I tell ya.....a yard wrecker.  I'll have no part of it.

I feel bad for doubting my faithful, trustworthy rake.  Taking for granted the gentleness and concern he has for all things.  I feel shame.  I feel so cheap. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a010.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

oh no, bad one day stand P.C.? He didn't blow away the cat did he?

I dunno if I'm going to go white water rafting. Plus I was suppose to be with someone today, but they over slept so I spent the day alone. (reason why I didn't go to Van). Now she's going to make it up to me tomorrow. lol

P.C.

Very bad one day stand.  

He didn't blow the cat away...but the cat didn't like him.  A valuable clue which I shamelessly ignored.  Let's not talk about it.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

Wow.....that's a serious sleep in.  ....and exactly how is she going to make it up to you tomorrow ?  Hmmmm?  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  

Sportsdude

hehe.........

yeah my cat and dog both would go nuts over those things.

Oh well day was not lost I got out walked around the old part of town. Looks like they're trying to rehab the train station, that's good. I liked looking at the mist and fog today over the mountains. Gave this, cool, spooky, at the same time awesome feeling.

P.C.

I'm amazed at how warm it is outside.  It's usually quite a bit brisker this time of year.

I don't mind mist, but fog gives me the creeps.  I feel clausterphobic....lol

The old part of Nanaimo used to be quite the funky place, but has gone down the tubes the last few years.  There used to be cool gifty type stores and gourmet kitchen stuff stores.  Awesome clothing that you didn't see in every mall.  Don't know what it's like now, but it was once very cool.

*all that raking today, and I just looked outside, and the driveway is covered....LOL  

Sportsdude

yeah its being neglected by the powers at be.
Its still nice, better then anything I had back in mo.

Lise

I did white water rafting in Switzeland... or was it Austria. Can't remember. Man, what a rush! Totally love it but ask if I'll do it again and I'll chicken out. I mean, WHAT THE HELL was I thinking back then? I could have died!! Ah well, it was an experience I won't be telling my kids. Hehe.

I got a headache. Stupid, stupid, stupid caffeine withdrawal symptom. I tell ya.... everyday waking to the crack of dawn and drinking tea just to get me by. Now I take one day off tea and I've a splitting headache. What do ppl do when they're not high on coffee or tea? Ack!

Work's been going swell. I still have a lot to learn. I'm also learning that ppl do stab each other in the back frequently and there are a lot of territorial issues that I just don't understand. I'm going solo on one big 'pull project' by myself on Tuesday and I'm a little stressed out about it. Heck, I've only been shown how to do it once and assisted once.... oh well... I'm sure I can pick it up as I go along. I sooo soo want to be good by the end of one month but I think I've got to learn so much more.

Looking forward to the Christmas party. We've got a big pot luck party with everyone and the funniest part is hearing how we will heat everything up in the giant autoclave. Like I know we sterilized instruments in there but heating up food as well???? Gack. I'm bringing salad and sticking to that.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

hi lise sounds like you're having fun.

won't tell the kids? what? then they'll think mom's the scaredy cat. lol

P.C.

Good evening Miss Lise

I think death defying stunts are meant for us to do before we get any notion that it could be dangerous.....LOL

Why are you off coffee Lise ?  Is this something you MUST do....or just a personal health choice.  I drink coffee, but never worry about it.  I have one (and on rare occasion 2) cups a day....and usually before 8 in the morning.  I consider that 'moderation' and don't worry about it at all.  Apparently an apple will give the same boost as a cup of coffee.

We're all proud of ya Lise.  You'll pick things up just fine....they wouldn't have hired you, if they didn't believe you were capable of doing so.

|