So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Evening everyone.

Ah Lise- don't fret about Lise Jr.  She'll open her mouth in the dentist chair one of these days. It's probably a big issue for you because you're "in the business".  But I'm sure her teeth are veeeery clean!

Teriyaki salmon, brown rice and bok choy for dinner.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
I should go to Canadian Pouf (I assume I must translate my joke to Canadian Flat now that I'm in an English country)
 --

Yes, Michel.  You should translate your joke.
 Pouf around here means something [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]completely[/span] different.
 [a href="vny!://www.thefreedictionary.com/pouf"]vny!://www.thefreedictionary.com/pouf[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Sportsdude

lol Michel.
Why would you name a store Canadian Tire and sell more then just tires?
When I first heard of the store and didn't know that it just wasn't a tire store. Someobody was talking about clothes and I went buying clothes at a tire store?? weird.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Sweet! I just got invited to a Canadian Thanksgiving!  

Lise

Morning all.

OMG. Thanksgiving just around the corner. Damn. I don't really like making the chicken but hubby wants one. Oh well. At least it's better than making a big turkey. Too big a bird for me to handle.

Roasty Jack is selling their Thanksgiving turkey for $100!! Woweee. I think I would rather buy the Butterball Turkety for like $30 and make it myself.

Nothing much happening today. Lunch today will be leftover and mashed potatoes. Tonight is burger night with homemade beef patty.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Morning!

Lise- good on ya.  I think chicken is waaaay better than turkey.

Lunch is chicken shandwich, humous and a yoghurt.

P.C.

lol....what is a Roasty Jacks Lise?

You can get teeny turkeys.....not too much bigger than big chicken.  Haven't decided yet what to do about Thanksgiving dinner.....but will likely be a turkey on the rotissery.  The 'new' bar-b is great, as the infrared heat source isn't from the bottom, so we can put a pan under and still get gravy.  

Ho humm.....waiting for cable guy.

Beautiful sunny Monday.....yeayyyyyyyy  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

My thanksgiving dinner is going out for turkey buffet (lol), as my parents (who always host turkey day) have the house up for sale.  It'll be the same huge extended family...just out this year...so less work for everyone.  (It's usually the big family gathering with people sitting at card tables in the living room, eating on the couch, coffee drips and crumbs everywhere...)  

Sportsdude

I'll spend the day with my roommates family. Baked turkey and i forget what kind of pie. I told him about the fried turkey's back home and he about hurled. lol

Gopher

Going to a 90th birthday party.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

90 eh, bet the person is a riot.  

Lise

Roasty Jack is a take-out. It's OK if you don't mind getting day old turkey and chicken under the hot lamp. It's pretty bland stuff but the kids love the food. More of a comfort food.

When I was diabetic eating a dish from here was really good for my blood sugar level so if you want to watch your diet, go here.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I got sick from eating at Roasty Jack's at the Metrotown and then at the Lougheed location.  I know they have bland food, and I'm used to bland food, but it tasted really weird to me.  Everyone has their own opinion, but I won't go back again.

Anyways, afternoon everyone.  

Lunch was salmon caesar salad and a mid-afternoon apple as my snack.  

Sportsdude

afternoon pl.

just got out of class.

|