So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hey P.C.!  We looked for 3 caches in our neighbourhood.  Found 2 of them (easy peasy).  The 3rd one- we got the right area but after a LOT of digging (1 hr before lunch and another hr after lunch) still couldn't find it.  It shouldn't be THAT difficult (it was marked "easy") so we concluded that it probably wasn't there.

Mr LM looked up the geocaches for us.  He searched by our postal code and found 3 "easy" ones nearby.  My GPS and compass skills aren't very good, but Mr LM is good and Heckyl and Jeckyl are keen to learn.  We're fortunate that Mr LM has GPS and compass units from work to use, but I know some people who do geocaching without them.  In some cases, the cache directions are indicated on the website so you don't need these.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Thanks for the info Lil Me.  I'm glad to hear you say that you don't NEED the GPS.  I'd love to try it first without dropping a bundle.

*my power went out, when I was posting to this the first time.  Strange.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

bummer on the power there P.C.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Lil Me wrote:
 He searched by our postal code and found 3 "easy" ones nearby.  My GPS and compass skills aren't very good, but Mr LM is good and Heckyl and Jeckyl are keen to learn.  We're fortunate that Mr LM has GPS and compass units from work to use, but I know some people who do geocaching without them.  In some cases, the cache directions are indicated on the website so you don't need these.

I search by my zip code and saw the list in my area.  I recognized several descriptions on the list and now it make sense of seeing people walking around searching with printouts in their hands in the park trail near my house.

P.C.

Does it make you want to try it 49er ?

Sportsdude

looks interesting still don't know what lil me is talking about, couldn't understand the website. Massive scavenger hunt on a huge scale?  

Russ

Uh.. I have no idea what is being talked about here.. but it seems to be some type of internet scavenger hunt around Lil Me?

So lunch today was some semblence of pizza and ox tail with pasta. There was green salads and coleslaw as well.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

49er

P.C. wrote:
Does it make you want to try it 49er ?[/DIV]
 Not really

Lil Me

Morning! Rain rain go away....

Ugh.  Mustard on my keyboard.  Breakfast sammy was ham and melted cheese.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Morning Lil Me

Rain has finally stopped here today.  Didn't let up at all yesterday.  

Haven't even thought about food yet....but that sounds good.

Coffee.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/nahrung/a065.gif" border=0]

AND DON'T........

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ut[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]dil[/TD] [TD]e[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=dilute name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] [img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]

purelife

Oh my, NOW I understand geocaching.  It's always there because once you find the item, you keep it and then you put another item in that same location for someone else to find it.  OMG, what an excellent "finders keepers" kinda thing to do.  I am DEFINITELY going to do this once I master what this is all about from further readings on the site.  Now, I understand what you're talking about Lil Me.  Thanks SO MUCH for talking about this.  I've seriously never heard of this before.  Ooooo....me excited. :)))

Oh, and good morning.  I had a carrot, baby cuke and a plum just now for my mid morning snack.

Lil Me

Very healthy snack.  Good for you.  

purelife

Thanks Lil Me.   Morning to you young lady. :)))

I've also started eating the All Bran pysullum brand of cereal with 12g of fibre per 1/3 cup.  I am supposed to have 25g of fibre a day and was certainly not meeting that.  Costco, 10 bucks, CHEAP!  :)))

EDIT:  Where'd ya go?

Sportsdude

alright, the sites back up.  

|