Current Reading

Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

oh I've got to get the Jack Layton book.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

wyk

UltraLongevity: The Seven-Step Program for a Younger, Healthier You by Mark Liponis.  He was on the Rachael Ray Show (love that show--and her magazine too!), and did a very good segment with a 25-year old made over to look like a 46 year old and boy did she look scary!

purelife

that sounds like an interesting book, wyk.  what kinda of tips are discussed?  

reading Michael Connelly's Echo Park.  it's nice to find this new book at the library.  

Mariachi

"The Man for a  New Country" by David Ricardo Williams Judge Begbie. I like the judge!

Of course, I like purelife too!    

purelife

You want me to be your Judge?  I can do that Marchi. ;)

Mariachi

purelife wrote:
You want me to be your Judge?  I can do that Marchi. ;)

Especially since Judge Begbie, was, you know, the Hanging Judge.

wyk

purelife wrote:
that sounds like an interesting book, wyk.  what kinda of tips are discussed?  

reading Michael Connelly's Echo Park.  it's nice to find this new book at the library.

Well, took me almost a week to read this book.  Frankly he doesn't say anything new that we already don't know thanks to Oprah and her Dr. Oz.  The book talked about the immune system and how it is key to keeping us looking younger than our actual age. It is not a diet book or anything like that.   Basically, if you smoke, don't sleep enough, don't breathe right, are eating too many processed foods, aren't having enough sex, aren't taking the time to relax, etc., you'll look older before your actual chronological age.  I would rather have gotten this book from the library for free (but who wants to be #43 on the wait list, eh), but if you're in a hurry and don't mind spending $20 on yet another "sleep 8 hours a night and stop smoking" book, it is worth a look.  

Now Oprah has me interested in this book, "Eat, Pray, Love."

Lil Me

Eleanor Rigby- Douglas Coupland
 Londonstanni- Gautam Malkani

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

BattleToad 9000+

[FONT face="Arial Narrow" color=#ff0000 size=7]READ THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!![/FONT]

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol that would be the greatest coffee table book ever.

Tea?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

I'm still reading The Old Patagonian Express - I didn't think it would be so interesting. Reason for the length of time I'm taking is that at the moment I'm just too tired to read when I go to bed.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

JJ

I just picked-up Alexander McCall Smith's new book - The Good Husband of Zebra Drive

P.C.

I'm not reading anything at the moment.  I'm just curious as to what your avatar is JJ.....I can't quite make it out.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

P.C. wrote:
 I'm not reading anything at the moment.  I'm just curious as to what your avatar is JJ.....I can't quite make it out.  

It's my favorite game piece, actually it's a points counter.

|