Gopher

Lock 14 - Georges Simenon
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

The Zahir - Paulo Coelho

Lil Me

The Corrections- Jonathan Franzen  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Steel Rain - Tom Neale
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Next - Michael Crichton

purelife

Next - Michael Crichton  

Gopher

I've just had a look at the synopsis, it looks as though it would be something I'd enjoy. I'll hunt it down in the library.

purelife

Hey Gophie, are you talking about the book I'm currently reading, or Russ's?      

Gopher

Your's Purelife.

purelife

I didn't know that you were into sci-fi.  I've read one of his books called Prey and that was excellent.  I really like his style of writing.

If you like this genre of books, you will also love "The Discrete Charm of Charlie Monk" by David Ambrose.  I've been trying to find more of David Ambrose's books, but can't find them at the library or book store.

Gopher

I'm into science fiction occasionally, I tend to get spasms of it - as I've not had one for ages it's about time I did so again. For some reason I  forget about it for months on end.

purelife

I'm pretty much the same as you.

It has been a month since my last good book I got into.  I don't think I ever read murder mysteries and I enjoyed it, surprisingly.  But, it was time to read another one of Michael's books.  :)))

I hope you get around to reading it.  You'll enjoy it.  I'm already a few pages into it and it's already exciting.

Gopher

I looked for it in the library, Purelife, but as it wasn't there I've settled for Literary Lapses by Stephen Leacock. However, I'm going to keep trying.

Sportsdude

Christmas List:
[span class="sans"]The Transportation Experience: Policy, Planning, and Deployment
 [/span][span class="sans"]The Geography of Urban Transportation, Third Edition [/span]
The Origin of Species - Charles Darwin
[span class="mw-headline"][font style="font-weight: normal;" size="2"]The Forms of Capital- [span style="border-bottom: 1px dashed rgb(0, 102, 204); background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 50%; cursor: pointer; mozbackground-clip: mozinitial; mozbackground-origin: mozinitial; mozbackground-inline-policy: mozinitial;" class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1196021343_1"]Pierre Bourdieu[/span] [/font][/span]
The Selfish Gene- [span style="border-bottom: 1px dashed rgb(0, 102, 204); cursor: pointer;" class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1196021343_2"]Richard Dawkins[/span]
Das Kapital - [span style="border-bottom: 1px dashed rgb(0, 102, 204); cursor: pointer;" class="yshortcuts" id="lw_1196021343_3"]Karl Marx[/span]

only want books. Hopefully I get the Origin of Species because I was denied the right to an evolution class in high school (and my local public school had it banned) and I heard about Richard Dawkins book on a BBC Interview.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Maybe you should add these to your list.....to round yourself out.

Fanny Hill  by John Cleland

Myra Breckenridge  by Gore Vidal

Tropic of Cancer by  Henry Miller

Fear of Flying  by Erica Jong

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|