Started by Gopher, Apr 16 06 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

You'll definitely find it interesting.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Who has seen the Wind- W.O. Mitchell  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

That's brilliant, Lil Me - I read it for the second time earlier this year.

Lil Me

I'm about halfway through.  Finding it a slower read due to the level of description, but loving the details about all the characters.  I had previously read the Jake& the Kid books, which went at a much faster pace.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

I far preferred it to Jake and the Kid - I liked the slower pace!

Lil Me

As much as I'm enjoying the book, I'm hoping to pick up the pace of reading and get it done already.  I have a stack of new library books- including Atlantis Rising by Clive Cussler!  

Gopher

I'm off to the library tomorrow - in search of some good escapist material.    

Lil Me

What did you find at the library, Gophie?  

Lise

I just finished my book and now looking to read Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordon.... only to find that I'm missing the damn book. Now I have to go out and buy the copy. Sheesh.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Lil Me wrote:
What did you find at the library, Gophie?  

A book on the history of Wimbledon and something by Georges Simenon.

Lil Me

Altantis Found- Clive Cussler

Lise

The swords of Night and Day by David Gemmell. Excellent book. I haven't been this engrossed in a long time.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

The Old Patagonian Express - Paul Theroux.

Almost as interesting as the written contents of this book (which is at least third hand, the donor having died in August) are the intriguing items which were left between some of the pages; incuding:

two Mongolian banknotes dated1983, a clipping from the Golbe & Mail dated 1993 which relates to the deportation of a Canadian from Mongolia  - and a Mongolian Airlines boarding ticket. I have a feeling that these 'extras' have a story of their own, and I intend to unravel it - one day.      

Lil Me

The 2 1/2 Pillars of Wisdom- Alexander McCall Smith  

Lil Me

Men Lie- David Maxwell
 (it's a murder mystery by a local author, not a pop psychology book...)

Speaking out Louder- Jack Layton

|