The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

How about a good comedy?  My favourite is Blazing Saddles.  What's yours?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Actually you know what myself and RSS want to watch? I havent seen it in a while, and she's never seen it.. Faulty Towers. Sound ok to you...

Although Blazing Saddles sounds good as well. Been along time since I seen that.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Faulty Towers was a very good comedy.  At the time it was on the air I was working an evening shift and didn't often get to see it.  Typical broad English humour, and I did enjoy what I did see of it.

Sportsdude

Good Evening Kitten, Russ, how's your evening been? Went out back and found more coyote tracks. Not good.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

We have coyotes here, so Kaycee is locked in at night.  It doesn't matter how tough a cat is, it's still no match for a coyote out in the open.

Sportsdude

Yeah we don't let Tigger out at night at all but this happened at 9am.  He got under the house before the animal could get to him the coyote went right up to the house this wasn't far away from the house.  Right in front of the window in my grandma's room. crazy.  

P.C.

Hi....I'm back.  No, it didn't take long to dust off thanks Kitten.  (Of course the REAL lounge is too busy for dust to settle)

kitten wrote: 10 hours is terrible for a week's pay.

Ummm....that was for a 2 week period !

I LOVED Faulty Towers......one of my absolute faves.  As for comedy movies, I would say that Planes, Trains and Automibiles is near the top of my top 5.  I also liked The Bird Cage.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
As for comedy movies, I would say that Planes, Trains and Automibiles is near the top of my top 5.

I LOVE that movie! Love it when they go through saint louis.  They actually show the town in a sort a positive light and don't make fun of it like National Lampoon's Vacation did.  

Russ

We dont have coyotes right by us but not too far away.. they dont bother us here. Our worry is the 'coons.

I didnt realize that Faulty Towers was acually on TV, I thought it was a mini series that was on video only.  

kitten

I've never seen Planes, Trains and Automobiles, but one movie I thoroughly enjoyed was History of the World,  Part 1.  There were so many funny things in there that I had to go back again to catch them all.  

Sportsdude

I remember seeing that movie on a movie channel here, very interesting, really goofy funny.  

kitten

I'm going to leave, temporarily,  because my guilty pleasure is on at 8.  (Extreme Makeover, Home Edition)  Very addictive.  Be back at 9 to continue the conversation.

Sportsdude

okay kitten have fun  

P.C.

I assume you've noticed the 'Fautly Towers' sign.  It's different in each episode.  It was on TV for years (reruns obviously, as there were only 12.....which amazes me. It seemed like there were so many more)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Ive seen only four of them. I heard that as well PC! I never actually noticed and only found out about the sign changing afterwards.    

|