The Ebony Lounge

Started by P.C., Mar 27 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

As everyone knows on here my cat Tigger was attacked by my cousins boxers. Ripped him up very badly. He would have died if I had not picked him up and see the giant hole in his stomach lower area. Vet said gang green would have set in, in less then a week later and he would have died.  The thing that gets me angry about the whole thing is that Tigger went for weeks with a gash in his lower area and my cousins never called us. They did try to put disinfectant on him but they never told us.  Brutus the dog that attacked Tigger a couple weeks later was bitten by 7ft long rattle snake in the eye. He's gone blind now in one eye. Karma I dunno but Tigger sure went through hell for months. Staples kept coming out, stitches never worked. He was stuck in a cage for months not being aloud to get out. But he took it like a champ and never complained. Now he's is old self again. Amazing that he went through this ordeal when he wasn't even a year old. He turned 1 this July. Got ripped up in Feb, came home in march didn't get healed until late May. He's a trooper if there ever was one.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Good evening Kitten.  What a wonderland out there.....it's absolutely beautiful !!!! (except there's a tree down at the bottom of our driveway.....lol)

How are you managing in the snow ?  Was your drive to work OK ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

It is beautiful to look at, from indoors.  The drive was okay, except she lives on a side street that hadn't been touched.  I'm glad I don't have to go tomorrow, because it is a steep drive, and it will likely be sheer ice in the morning.  Are you completely blocked in by the tree?  Does that mean you will not have to work and can stay by a nice cozy fire?  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

*gets out the chainsaw*  

kitten

I'm going to have comfort food to go with the coziness of the apartment.  I'm making a pork stew tomorrow.

My beast is getting quite spoiled with all this hand-feeding.  I hope he doesn't expect it after the cone comes off!  

Sportsdude

I don't recommend doing this but hehe when it got around -17 C last year (0 F) I opened all the windows in my room and put a bunch of covers on my bed wanted to see how well I could take the cold.  I did fine.  Ozzie though who was sleeping in my room he got a cold I think.  Good thing I left the door closed in my room or I would have frozen the house.

I've got the window up right now its soo warm here.

kitten

I always leave a window slightly open for the fresh air, but I'm not about to freeze to see if I can handle it.  I know how it feels, and I don't like the cold.

P.C.

Ahhhh....that could be easier said than done.....lol.  Remember, cats believe this is the way they were MEANT to be treated.  Cashmere flaked out on the hearth today.....I've never seen him do that.  He was obviously enjoying the heat......I had her cranked.   He's funny in the snow.....crouches down, then does a dive into it, burying his nose.....then tears off like his tail's on fire.  

Well it's off to bed for me, was a busy day today.

Goodnight and sweet dreams.    

Sportsdude

good night everyone I'm going to sleep as well got a big day tomorrow want to get a lot of things done.  

kitten

Goodnight, P.C.  Have a restful sleep.  I plan to do likewise.  

Russ

Ya, myself as well. Have a goodnight, PC, kitten, and SD.

Wonder if my college is open tomorrow.

Russ
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Good Morning PC! How are you on this fine november morning?

After last night I thought there would be no school, so I didnt prepare or get up to go in.. then find out there is, lol. Oh well, another day to tinker around in the garage.

P.C.

Good morning Mr Russ.  It IS a beautiful morning.  Another foot of snow for us last night......it's absolutely beautiful.

I was up at 3 this morning....ughhhh.  I'm not much for napping, but I'm sure I'll have to catch 5 at some point today.

I actually put up my tree yesterday.  I've never put it up quite this early, but I thought, that being as I'm on borrowed days off, I might as well get it done.  Then when I'm back to work, I won't have to use my 'real' days off to do it.

Russ

Well, we got alot of snow as well last night as well, didnt last though, its pretty clear this morning as everything is melting.

I ended up taking a corner a little to fast last night turning left in a major intersection and my truck got halfway through at a 45 degree angle and stopped turning and went straight. I quickly dropped it into low so it slowed but braking or anything didnt work lol. I went right up the pedestrian walkway slope on the corner then stopped, so I just backed up and kept going.. slower.

I stopped twice more on the way home after that as people had done the same and hit curbs. I used my tow strap and pulled them off and back into the middle of the lane, but was annoyed by them not even thanking for the help. Just waited in the car for me to unhook the strap then drive off. Vancouver.

A christmas tree! I been thinking about getting one the last few days, but havent had the motivation.. I think that because you put yours up I will too. I already bought a 25 dollar permit that allows me to harvest a tree from crown land excluding parks and provincial land.. three trees per permit.

P.C.

Yipes.....I'm glad you're OK.  I haven't left the house since Saturday.(excluding my 3 minute drive up the block, before I decided I wasn't going to attempt the drive to work.)  

I'm sorry people didn't have the good sense to thank you for being so helpful....don't let it change you though, rudeness can be contagious if you let it.  So I'LL thank you, for being the kind of person we need more of.

I didn't know you could get a permit for cutting a tree....is this new?

I swore for so many years, I would never have a fake tree.  I've always gotten a noble fir, but a few years back, things were a little tight and noble firs were running around 80 bucks.  I had to just say no....lol
So I made a tree....rofl.  Hubby thought I was nuts when he phoned home and asked what I was doing.  I told him I was making a tree.  When he came home he was shocked that I had actually made a tree.  He liked it so much, that we've used it ever since.

|