What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

Lemon juice, a few lemons a couple of limes and a 2 lb bag of sugar..

Would any one like a glass of freshly made Ice cold Semi sweet lemonade =) delicious..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Yes, please. It would go down a treat.

I've just bought (last thing I bought) were some fish and a newspaper.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

Any time you are in My area Gopher i would be happy to pour you a tall glass of it.. It goes down so nice on a hot day.. it is even better to wash down a plate of  lime chili prawns..  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Natasha

P.C.

Some precut crown corners.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

Cell loads. x 4

Lil Me

Pls tell me your method for making lemonade.  I have a big bottle of lemon juice in the fridge and some sugar.

Bought some shorts and tank tops on clearance yesterday at the mall.

Bought Heckyl a t-shirt (2.99) and MrLM a pair of North Face hiking pants (9.99) and Heckyl a couple of comic books at Valu Village tonight.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

A Red Box dvd of Alice and Wonderland

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

1 fresh lemon 1 fresh lime scrub clean. or peel. cut in half squeeze half in to a pitcher of Ice and water cut other half in to rings and add to the pitcher later.. or to individual glasses..

1 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
8 cups water 3 cups ice.

If no ice then I use 10 cups of water

Semi sweet lemonade and it has a hint of lime... the secret to a perfect cuppa  is to adorn the glasses with a lemon and a lime wedge. something to chew along with your ice..

Orik

Meats, Veggies, Fruit. Dessert. Juice, Sugar, Tonic Water.  Cheese. Prescription medications & some over the counter vitamins. Surface cleaner... 45 minute trip out and about and 100 dollars gone in 15 minutes.. but I have some freezer goods & some refrigerated goods... but it wont last long =(

Natasha

Orik, your lemon recipe makes my lips pucker.

Last thing I bought - Green tea

Orik

All that much Easier to kiss you then.. LOL.. but why does it make your lips pucker Natasha? The recipe I use is semi sweet, in and of it's self it is not bitter, it is a perfect thirst quecher With the above recipe... Now then Natasha,  I can certainly see you doing a lot of puckering up

I can actually see a lot of  puckering up going on for any person who goes chewing on the lemon or the lime rings. Cause they alone are very tart, but if chewed first and then washed down by the glass of lemonade, it will make that semi sweet glass of juice, so much sweeter than it actually is. Only cause that wedge it's self is so bitter...

It is also 10 times cheaper to make your own lemonade than it is to buy it.. same thing with fench fries 1 bag of fries 1 kilo's woerth about 5 dollars.. 1 killo of potatoes right now depending which store you go to and what brand you buy will cost from as low as 19 cents to as high as 1.49 a pound. Also take note most stores like Safeway and Super-Value & overweighty (save on foods) are thieves they are charging you 5 times more than most local farmers markets.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE, STOP SUPPORTING STONG'S!!! THEY ARE SO OVER PRICED!!! ALMOST EVERYTHING THEY SELL can be purchased so much cheaper at safeway.. please note Safeway is also one fairly expensive place to shop...  < and yes I did mean to shout that bit, just to make sure I have your attention.

so many food items lets take the Price of. 2.99 for a can of Campbell's chunky soup, Trust me when I say Stong's grocery stores are thieves. You can buy all most all the same stuff Stong's sells at Safeway and you will pay from 50 cents to 1 dollar less for many of those same items.

Lets go to produce and deli you will find prices at Safeway 10 to 50 cents less on most of the deli items as well... Usually about 1 to 2 times a month Either, Safeway, London Drugs or Save On Foods will have Campbell's Chunky Soups or some other Canned goods on sale for bargain basement prices.

When those Canned goods are on sale, they will usually have expiration dates 6 months from now.. Stock the hell up & spend a bit more to save a bit more.. Also pull them from the back of the shelf & check the expiration dates on those canned goods. the stuff from the back of the shelf will normally have a better and longer shelf life. First in and first out..

Just because it is on sale at the store does not mean you have to always buy the stock with a shorter shelf life.. I like to keep a minimum of 7 days worth of canned goods in my larder, just in case of some sort of emergency enough food for me. but normally I prefer to keep enough to support 2 people for a minimum of 15 days. But due to financial difficulties of my own I can only afford to keep about 7 days worth in my larder.

I am just that kind of person . It is also the same reason I like to keep at least 2 weeks worth of drinking water in my house. And 2 weeks worth of washing water. more shopping tips later.. And please feel free to share your own..

China town and the local farmer's markets are a great place for produce and some amazing bargains on exotic fruits and vegetables.. It also pays dividends to dry out or dehydrate those summer fruits for winter.

Freeze some and Can some as well, you can buy lots of good fruits now at bargain prices. but they will cost 10 times as much come winter. So freeze and preserve them as best you can for winter use right now. I think Army & navy has a sale on a canning kit and so does Canada tire if I remember correctly..

Please share your shopping tips as well.

Bye for now

Natasha

Orik wrote:
All that much Easier to kiss you then.. LOL..

I guess that's one way to do it..lol

but why does it make your lips pucker Natasha?

Anytime lemons are talked about my lips automatically pucker.

The recipe I use is semi sweet, in and of it's self it is not bitter, it is a perfect thirst quecher With the above recipe...

I'm sure the recipe is great but I don't drink lemonade.

Now then Natasha,  I can certainly see you doing a lot of puckering up

lol.. oh, you have no idea just how much puckering up I do ;)

Orik

If it make's ioit easier to Kiss you why not...

gingerale to make some really kicking sparkling lemonade..

A Loaf of Bread, Angus beef roast...  some basic groceries like eggs cheese sausage 6 mini pepperoni sticks & some other stuff... the usual junk food, a 32 gram bag of burger king onion ring chips & a 39 gram bag of TGIF potato skin chips.  oh and rented a double movie off Itunes. lord of war & hitman

Lil Me

Pizza Hut pizza, fruit, gas, car wash, first aid supplies.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|