What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Marty

Speaking of buying things, anyone have any experience with survellience cameras?

TehBorken

Marty wrote:
Speaking of buying things, anyone have any experience with survellience cameras?

A little. What do you need it to do? Indoor, outdoor, night-capable....

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Marty

One camera.  Night/low light capable.  Preferably indoor but view of outdoor through a window (glare?).  Recordable preferably wireless streaming.  Motion activated.  I need it to be high enough quality to get an image where a person can be identified with.

For the record, I am not stalking someone.  I am having some issues with some punk ass kids in my neighbourhood causing mischief and I want to catch the little turds in the act.  

Marty

I also want to know if I need additional equipment or if they make a stand alone camera that can do all of the above.

TehBorken

Marty wrote:
I also want to know if I need additional equipment or if they make a stand alone camera that can do all of the above.

You might look at IP-enabled cameras...a bit on the expensive side, but they can stream video to a PC which can record it and trigger on movement:

[a  href="http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&q=ip+based+web+camera&revid=762941007&sa=X&ei=UCBQTLNHitS1A7zQwL4H&ved=0CFMQ1QIoAA&fp=ea7fba01c8c35813"]IP based web cameras[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Marty

That's what I was looking at.  I just wanted to make sure I didn't need a converter box or anything like that.

Gopher

DDD wrote:
Gopher wrote:
 Half a bottle of gin (for someone else)[/DIV]
 How do you buy half a bottle?

With cash

A fool's paradise is better than none.

DDD

Marty wrote:
 Speaking of buying things, anyone have any experience with survellience cameras?[/DIV]
 I have 5 around my place set up. Have caught people in the act but trying to find out who they are is a different story.....

Go high end as the ones that where cheaper would not buy again
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Marty

You have a brand preference or system preference?  And on your cameras, can you actually see faces?  Identifying them once I have an image won't be a problem.

DDD

Marty wrote:
 You have a brand preference or system preference?  And on your cameras, can you actually see faces?  Identifying them once I have an image won't be a problem.[/DIV]
  [P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]I just let my Electrician pick out everything. You have no problem picking out faces as for how clear all depends on the distance away from the camera. I have it set up that I can print it out to a colour print (high end) and they can be just as good a picture from my camera. I was having some issues and once I installed them (you can see them) 99% stopped.

Marty

So what's happening is we have these little punks who like to bang on my bay window at 2am.  Last time, they chucked a Slurpee at my door.  They've done it twice already so I have a feeling they'll be back.  When they come back for round three, I want to have them on camera.  I don't want them to know it's there because I want to bust them in the act.  Then I will find out who they are and deal with them.

My idea is to mount a camera on the corner inside of my big bay so that it points across my lawn and when they come up to the window I'll get em on video.

I was looking at stand alone cameras because I don't need a big expensive system and I was concerned about glare.

Yours have infrared DDD?  

DDD

"Yours have infrared"  yes

Natasha

DDD wrote:
 Ass breath..................poor doggy

When it's on a dog from eating bad food it's "poor doggy" but when a man has it from eating *  it's suppose to be sexy?  

Anyway, the last thing I bought was last night's dinner.        

DDD

Natasha wrote:
DDD wrote:
 Ass breath..................poor doggy

When it's on a dog from eating bad food it's "poor doggy" but when a man has it from eating *  it's suppose to be sexy?  

Anyway, the last thing I bought was last night's dinner.

??? eating what................ass breath is bad on anything imo

Natasha

Yeah but if you've actually eaten someones ass then it's to be expected.

|