Another foot washes ashore!

Started by Lise, Jun 17 08 05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

OMG! AGAIN!!!!!

[FONT size=6]Fifth human foot washes ashore[/FONT] Another human foot has mysteriously washed ashore in the Lower Mainland.

The left foot was recovered at 10:30 a.m. yesterday in Fraser River off Westham Island in Ladner. It is the fifth mysterious foot that has washed ashore in less than a year.

"The Delta Police Criminal Investigation Section is working with the B.C. Coroners Service to establish identity and is liaising with outside agencies to determine if this is linked to the other partial remains recovered in the recent past," said Delta Const. Sharlene Brooks in a release yesterday afternoon.

Last month, a foot washed ashore on Kirkland Island, also in the Fraser River, while in February, one was found on Valdez Island between Vancouver Island and the Mainland.

In August, two Size 12 right feet washed up on Gabriola and Jedidiah islands.
The previous four feet were all wearing socks and runners.

[A href="http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/Local/article/70429"]Source[/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Russ

Are they like old feet or recent feet with flesh still on them???

Are they from someone young or old? You would think they would have an idea of who they are from?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

im just wondering if these feet r in anyway related to the young men who have been going missing in the lower mainland. and wondering if we have a another serial killer on our hands who is killing men :( this i getting crazy 5 right feet and now a left foot. and if this left foot is unrelated to the dna of the right feet that means we have at least 6 possible murders on our hands  i wonder just what the hell is goin on.... damn

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

[span]Here's a theory:
 Source: [a href="http://waterworlds.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/24-weird-water-stories-the-case-of-the-floating-feet/"]http://waterworlds.wordpress.com/2008/03/15/24-weird-water-stories-the-case-of-the-floating-feet/[/a]

According to Professor Curtis Ebbesmeyer ([/span][span]Washington[/span][span]), right shoes take a different course from left shoes when lost at sea. Ebbesmeyer's ideas have an important bearing on the case of  three severed left feet (still wearing trainers) found on beaches near [/span][span]Vancouver Island[/span][span] in recent months. [span] [/span]Canadian police, quite naturally, suspect foul play. [span] [/span]The finding of one left foot may indicate that an unfortunate yet innocent boating accident has   taken place. [span] [/span]Whereas an abundance of left feet appearing in so short a space of time could be suggestive of a more sinister ritualistic or criminal element at work – at least to the oceanographically-untrained eye. [span] [/span][/span] [span][/span][/p]  [span]However, the oceanographically-trained eye of Ebbesmeyer detects a physical system at work here.[span]  [/span]He believes that the left feet may simply have detached themselves from decomposing bodies in entirely unconnected boating accidents before floating away (still encased in buoyant training shoes):[span] [/span]"Left foot wear and right foot wear often tend to wash up at different times at different places because they float differently. There are beaches that collect mostly rights and other beaches that collect mostly lefts. The winds of the currents sort out left and right foot wear."[span]  Meanwhile, b[/span]ack at [/span][span]Vancouver Island[/span][span], the latest word from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is that the case is still regarded as "very unusual". [span] [/span]The police have recently revealed that two of the feet are size 12.[span]  [/span]Secrecy is being maintained over the size of the third. [span] [/span][/span][/p]  [span][/span][/p]  [span]Ebbesmeyer's body of oceanographic work (he is well-regarded for his [a href="http://waterworlds.wordpress.com/2008/04/16/28-weird-water-stories-case-of-the-rubber-ducks/"]rubber duck studies[/a]) is definitely worth a [a href="http://beachcombersalert.org/"]read[/a]. [/span][/p]  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

JJ

They think they might be coming from a plane accident on Quadra Island that they haven't found the bodies from. They are going to do DNA tests to see if they come from the passagers.  

P.C.

My first reaction was to scoff at such a notion.....right shoes taking a different oceanic route than left feet......but actually it makes sense.  

Same with the plane crash victim theory.....didn't buy it right away.  But with the absence of a lot of hopping people, I'm reconsidering the possibility.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

We could send this group to solve this mystery.

Gopher

Great idea. Purelife could make a start on researching the origin of the shoes.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

wednesday

foot #6 just found.

Campbell River RCMP say another severed foot has been found near that community. It's the sixth foot to wash up in coastal B.C. in recent months. RCMP say the right foot in a size-10 black Adidas running shoe was found at Tyee Spit just after 10 this morning. The discovery was made by a person out for a walk.[/p]

Lise

OMG. Ja!!! I just read in the papers today that a sixth foot has been found. This is just too grisly. I keep wondering if somebody is playing a sick joke on the rest of us. This hype from the media isn't helping either.        
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

The media is having fun with us all. Especially CNN down here using words like "grizzly", "mysterious", "horrific" etc. I can't stop laughing, especially when it comes from the American press.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

The media is having fun with us all. Especially CNN down here using words like "grizzly", "mysterious", "horrific" etc. I can't stop laughing, especially when it comes from the American press.

I for one, find it grizzly, mysterious and horrific and can't for the life of me find anything humourous about it.  

I wonder if I missed my calling......CNN, here I come.  

Sportsdude

Well it's funny for me. Because my mom gets freaked out and goes "OMG WHY ARE WE SENDING YOU TO SUCH A DANGEROUS PLACE, OMG" so I just start saying jokes and such.

It's funny because they're getting experts saying left feet float in one direction, right feet go in another, and that this could be from the tsunami etc. Then when you realize that a pile of junk the size of Rhode Island is randomly floating around in the Pacific Ocean who knows what's out there. Next week Amelia Earhardt will wash up on shore. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Well it's funny for me. Because my mom gets freaked out and goes "OMG WHY ARE WE SENDING YOU TO SUCH A DANGEROUS PLACE, OMG" so I just start saying jokes and such.

Yes....I suppose you could stay where it's safe.  Just a little water lapping at your bedposts, while you wait for another tornado.