Started by Lise, Jun 17 08 05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Bah we're high and dry here. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Well, that's good to hear SD.

Anyways.....must sleep.  Long hard day.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Good night! Although if it floods here, you'll know the end of the world is near. ;)
That said the deer have been acting strange. They're bonking each other in Spring... and are running in circles in crop fields. (down on the farm this one buck just ran in a circle out in a corn field for 7hrs. Had to shoot it, psycho deer).

So as long as I avoid Zombie Deer outside I'm good.

van_guy

wednesday wrote:
foot #6 just found.

Campbell River RCMP say another severed foot has been found near that community. It's the sixth foot to wash up in coastal B.C. in recent months. [p style="font-style: italic;"]RCMP say the right foot in a size-10 black Adidas running shoe was found at Tyee Spit just after 10 this morning. The discovery was made by a person out for a walk.[/p][br style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"][p style="font-style: italic;"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow;"]OK where does this end?  The question I want answered is how many feet aren't we finding - i mean the coast of BC / Pacific north west is pretty sparsely populated - how many feet have been eaten by dog fish / orcas / ?  how many are washed up under a pile of logs never to be seen again? how many are washed up on a deserted beach near the charlottes? how many feet are out there?  why aren't the police releasing ANY information ??[/span]
[/p]  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

[FONT face="Arial Narrow" size=4]why aren't the police releasing ANY information ??[/FONT]

I'm thinking it's because they don't really have any answers yet.  DNA testing has not linked these feet with anyone that is connected to the plane crash...which was their first logical possibility.  Excluding that.....it's a true mystery.

I do find it odd.  They must have some other possible links.  Lil Me's post about the theory of right and left feet travelling in a different manner, means that they would have some idea where to look for the left feet (maybe?).....so I would ask.....why isn't somebody looking.  At the very least, there would be an odd sense of relief to know that there isn't a twisted, severed foot fetish guy out there ?

Gopher

6 feet = 1 fathom, so why is the mystery so unfathomable? Something's definitely afoot.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Who's a clever Gophie !!!!!  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

Gopher

P.C.

That was a triple blesser !

It certainly is an interesting mystery.  I only hope it turns out to be something without foul play involved. (and don't say anything about chicken feet)

Gopher

The thought never crossed my mind.

Sportsdude

They've stated thousands of times DNA testing takes months as they said this isn't CSI. They don't have any answers because they're waiting to do DNA tests and or in the process not because there isn't a match.  

P.C.

That's not totally accurate SD.  They do have results from the first 3 feet.....and will have the profiles of the other 3 quickly......results have shown that their DNA profiles do not match any of the 2,317 people who have been reported missing durning the appropriate time frame.  

The lag isn't in getting the DNA of the feet....it's in locating and gathering the DNA information from the families of the 2,317 missing people.  Not exactly something that can be done over night I guess.  

Sportsdude

Well it could be anything. The fact that they're talking about that the feet could be from the tsunami is enough to think that this could be anything. I'm a naive hippie so I don't like jumping to we've got a serial killer who cuts off feet out there. The fact that they said the feet looked cut doesn't necessarily say to me "a ha! foot killer!" because things go chomp chomp in the water ya know.

Another thing, I think it's sad about ourselves when a foot or something washes on a shore the first thing we think of is serial killer. Are we that paranoid? If anything happens these days its always "this is not terrorism" in the media. It's like we're afraid of our shadows.

P.C.

I don't know what the news is saying down there, but as fas as I've understood the story so far, is they stated from the beginning, that the feet did NOT appear to have been removed in an 'un-natural' manner.  

Sportsdude

CNN.
Said the last foot seemed to have been cut.
Then again its CNN famous for slandering countries not called the U.S. because it takes it upon itself to ridicule other nations so it can feel good about itself. Fox News does the same. They had a report once about how Vancouver was full of islamic terrorists waiting to attack America.

|