Healthy Snacks

Started by Lil Me, Oct 17 07 01:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Let's compile a list, so we can share ideas and keep each other on track.  This colder weather is making me constantly hungry!

Fruit
 Yoghurt
 Cereal & Milk
 Crackers/Rice cake/healthy bread and peanut butter
 Oatmeal & fruit

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I think that I'm the opposite as you LM.  In the summer, I snack more, but now, I don't get hungry.  It's weird....maybe it's a phase I'm going through.

I like these as my snacks too: [UL] [LI]dried fruit - got a huge back from Costco's  [LI]dried nuts - ie almonds, mixed, cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds etc  [LI]granola, add low-fat yoghurt with blueberries  [LI]just milk with wheat germ (yummy)   [LI]muffins - bran, cranberry, - whatever you like  [LI]date bars - Costco's sells this date bar thingee  [LI]soups - love soups - I turn them into my meals  [LI]cottage cheese with avocado or peaches n cream corn  [LI]granola bars  [LI]slice of deli ham with your favorite cheese [LI]cheese sticks [LI]mini tuna cans with crackers[/LI][/UL]  

P.C.

Nuts

Raisins

Pumpkin seeds......lottsa zinc.

Baby cukes

Keep a few cans of stewed tomatoes on hand in case you don't have fresh produce around.  A little high in sodium, but at least it'll make you drink lots of water.....lol.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Popcorn is a good source of ruffage.  Instead of butter and salt, try a sprinkle of Engivita Yeast.

(Engevita yeast is one of the richest natural sources of the B group of vitamins. It is also rich in protein, amino acids, enzymes, minerals and trace elements.)

Sportsdude

I don't have any snacks :(((  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Popcorn is awesome!  My guy brought me a popcorn maker and it's the best.  I just add 1/4 cup of kernal and have it plain.  It's yummy.

purelife

Where do you buy engevita yeast?  At a health food store?  I've never heard of it... I'll be checking that one out for sure.

P.C.

It's super good for you purelife.....and gives the popcorn a bit of a cheesy flavour.  You can get it at most grocery stores, or health food stores.        

Russ

Baby carrots. nother vote here.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

P.C.

Those ARE healthy Michel....even the miserable ones.

Michel

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 255);"]HAALTH SNAX HAEV LOTS OF VITMINS AND MIENRALS!!11![/span]  

gentle fawn

[span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 255);"]HAALTH SNAX HAEV LOTS OF VITMINS AND MIENRALS!!11![/span]