Olympic Mascots revealed

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 27 07 12:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

lol classic! brilliant!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

So why are our little guys almost clones of Beijings little guys.

[img style="CURSOR: default" onclick=doimage(this,event) height=245 src="http://www.chinese-tools.com/jdd/public/documents/photos/jo/nini.jpg" width=213 border=0 name=img][img style="WIDTH: 213px; HEIGHT: 249px" height=286 src="http://www.chinese-tools.com/jdd/public/documents/photos/jo/jingjing.jpg" width=244]

[img class=imgContent id=ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder_article_NavWebPart_Article_ctl00___FeatureLandscape__ style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; WIDTH: 405px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid" src="http://www.thestar.com/images/assets/300436_3.JPG[/img]

I'm sorry....I'm trying to keep with the spirit of it all, but they say nothing of Canada....except that we have no imagination of our own.  There.  I said it.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

same graphic arts company? maybe?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I don't think so.  Just the same mind set I guess.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

lazy Marik

oh.. my.. gosh..  POKEMON!!!
They even say their own name when you drag your mouse over them!
Miga! Miga!

makes me want to play Pokemon Yellow again!

Lil Me

I happened to be walking through the Bay yesterday morning as they were unpacking the boxes.  I chose not to buy the $25 mascots, cute was they are..  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Ja. It's official, the mascots are at the Bay. I  looked at them this morning as well. Pricey but you know what? After the Olympics, they're going to be like 1/2 price or less. I still have my Sydney Olympic mug. That's the only souvenior I got from the hyped up event.

I like the Miga mascot. Cute but I can't undestand the yeti one.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Well, I prefer the Chinese. But what's the point of Olympic mascots in any case - apart from making a mint in merchandise?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

and the PR meet and greets.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

What's with the names?  Are they First Nations?  Inuit?  or ???
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lil Me

I'm really liking Muk Muk- the sidekick.  Poor guy doesn't even get a rel life body or a plush representation.  As Muk Muk was absent from the unveiling ceremony, a Province columnist quipped that he "missed the Schwartz Bay ferry..."