ID Bracelet found inside Chicken after 25 years

Started by Lil Me, Dec 01 07 05:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

[span id="article"][font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"][span id="article"][span id="intelliTXT"] FAIRMONT, Minn. (AP) - More than two decades after Aaron Giles lost his identity bracelet, he's finding how it was discovered tough to swallow. A meat cutter at Olson Locker in Fairmont came across the shiny object in a chicken gizzard and saw a name, address and phone number engraved on it.[/p] "I've heard of livestock swallowing unusual objects, but this situation stands out," Mark Olson, who owns the meat locker, told the Sentinel of Fairmont.[/p] Giles had lived in Fairmont as a child and played hide-and-seek and other games with his brothers in their grandfather's barn near Sherburn.[/p] "I would spend most of my time out at his farm, and that's the only place I can think of that I would have lost it," Giles said about his bracelet on Thursday. The 31-year-old said he thinks the bracelet was lost when he was 4 or 5.[/p] The barn was dismantled a few years ago, and Giles thinks his bracelet was imbedded in materials used to construct another barn in Elmore, about 45 miles away.[/p] The bracelet was found in a chicken that came from an Elmore farm.[/p][/span][/span][/font][/font][/span]

Full Story:
 [a href="http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071130/D8T7PAO80.html"]http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071130/D8T7PAO80.html[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Holy crap !  I didn't know chickens lived that long.  Must have been one tough chew.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I think the bracelet was lying around for a long time and then along came a chicken dumb enough to eat it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.