The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

[img style="width: 519px; height: 362px;" src="http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/12/9/1291929226442/Students-demonstrate-agai-002.jpg"]

[img style="width: 556px; height: 386px;" src="http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/12/9/1291929225010/Students-demonstrate-agai-001.jpg"].
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

The sign in the background couldn't be more appropriate.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Im still confused as to what happened with this whole students protesting and vandalizing their car.
Did the students know whose car it was?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Uncertain, but I imagine they must have had a pretty good idea.  

Sportsdude

There's video that shows they did not know until the end, which is when the kids started shouting "off with their heads."

Natasha

It's effing snowing here and I'm tired of it  *sigh*

purelife

Natasha wrote:
It's effing snowing here and I'm tired of it  *sigh*[/DIV]
 Where are you at again, Natasha?  Are you in Ontario?  

Gopher

I am putting up my Christmas cards.

Sportsdude

I'm still struggling to write letters attached to the Christmas cards. This struggle for words is quite shocking, but I think it may be due to never receiving a reply in return.

Natasha

purelife wrote:
Natasha wrote:
It's effing snowing here and I'm tired of it  *sigh*[/DIV]
 Where are you at again, Natasha?  Are you in Ontario?  [/DIV]
 No, I'm in The States.

Natasha

Sportsdude wrote:
I'm still struggling to write letters attached to the Christmas cards. This struggle for words is quite shocking, but I think it may be due to never receiving a reply in return.

Wow, you actually write letters with your cards?  I never write letters with my cards. This year, I'm not even giving cards. I was just too busy to fool with it.

Sportsdude

Natasha wrote:

Wow, you actually write letters with your cards?  I never write letters with my cards. This year, I'm not even giving cards. I was just too busy to fool with it.

It's my calling card I suppose.  I usually write between one (front to back) and a half pages before I think I'm getting on too long. If I think something is memorable and needs mentioning, I'll add it to the postscript.
[/p]I'm quite comfortable with sending a friend a novel as a letter, but I've found there's very few people out there who could respond to such a volume. (They want to, but they don't know where to start.) In knowing this, I know they won't respond back (even if I wrote a few sentences, they wouldn't respond. It's just who they are I guess).  In the end I write to please myself and the audience. I'm pretty good at judging what makes my friends go aww/rolling on the floor laughing and what not. You've got to know your audience, I guess.
[/p]  

Gopher

I try to write a fairly long letter with all my cards, but this year - apart from three or four instances - I've just written notes inside them.

Natasha

Sportsdude wrote:
  Natasha wrote:

It's my calling card I suppose.  I usually write between one (front to back) and a half pages before I think I'm getting on too long. If I think something is memorable and needs mentioning, I'll add it to the postscript.

I'm quite comfortable with sending a friend a novel as a letter, but I've found there's very few people out there who could respond to such a volume. (They want to, but they don't know where to start.) In knowing this, I know they won't respond back (even if I wrote a few sentences, they wouldn't respond. It's just who they are I guess).  In the end I write to please myself and the audience. I'm pretty good at judging what makes my friends go aww/rolling on the floor laughing and what not. You've got to know your audience, I guess.

Do they call you, text you, email you to say thank you at least? How could they not respond after you took all that time and effort for them? I would feel guilty if I didn't send a little something to say "thank you".

Sportsdude

Natasha wrote:

Do they call you, text you, email you to say thank you at least? How could they not respond after you took all that time and effort for them? I would feel guilty if I didn't send a little something to say "thank you".
Depends. Their responses will go down a couple ways:
1) "thanks." - one word facebook message (followed by no response via message after the initial contact). Reeks of "this message was too difficult for me to write."
2) the random msn/skype chat of "hey, I got your card --- thanks."
3) nothing
4) reply via facebook that ignores the questions and stuff within the said card. This option falls under the "I lack empathy and cannot stomach thoughts that do not reside outside the realm of the foreign policy implications of African mines in the Congo."

I'm expecting two of the people to pick option 3, while one person will take option 2 and option 4.

My generation usually avoids talking and conversations at all costs; it just involves too much effort and commitment.

|