The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
lol.  Me too.  What's your secret?  Just bike riding?

My secret is working full-time at a desk.  I haven't been to the gym in eons, and my strength has suffered, but I've lost 8 lbs in the last month.

I haven't fully done the bike everyday routine yet, but I'm getting there. Well I walk at least 5km a day on a slow day, and I eat tiny portions and only 3x a day. I also buy all my food at the grocery store. Some people do 'splurge' days, I don't understand that. You should find a routine that works for you and that you like doing it. You're suppose to gradually go off that splurge-ness and not go completely cold turkey.

Then again, I don't follow strict eating rules, I lost all this weight and I never gave up the beer. lol Also I'm pretty used to massive weight swings, so getting to where I am now never was seen as difficult for me. Its the next leg, where I have to start curtailing things.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Lil Me...I can't imagine where you could find 8 pounds to lose off your wee body.

I was just outside, and I got bombed by two humming birds.  I mean...they literally crashed into me.  They were scrapping over who got to the feeder first.  For such tiny little things, they sure make a  lot of noise. *Michel...please insert humming bird noise here*

*Gophie.  I know I'm going to miss you again today, as I'm off to town.  So...[FONT size=4]HI ![/FONT]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Floup floup floup ?  No no no.....that's not how they sound.  I was counting on you...you're the best sound guy around.

Lil Me

Those hummingbirds sure do move quickly.  *crash*  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Lil Me.....you'd have gone into cardiac arrest.  It was so fast...a flurry to the solar plexus I tell ya.

*is anyone finding a real lag trying to post here ?

Lil Me

Yeah, I just got locked out of DS for a few minutes.

I can't imagine that the hummingbird beaks are very sharp but....I'd be terrified!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Me too.  I've noticed it a lot the last few days.  As if things aren't slow enough here.  

I just posted a new thread, but it didn't fly.  

The humming birds were like getting bumped by a moth.  I thought of you immediately.....lol.

P.C.

At least this time, I know it's not my computer.

Anyways....good luck tomorrow Miss Me.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote: [div style="font-style: italic;"] I was just outside, and I got bombed by two humming birds.  I mean...they literally crashed into me.  They were scrapping over who got to the feeder first.  For such tiny little things, they sure make a  lot of noise. *Michel...please insert humming bird noise here*[/div]  

post 4,000 in this thread.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
Yeah, I just got locked out of DS for a few minutes.

I can't imagine that the hummingbird beaks are very sharp but....I'd be terrified!

Humming bird beaks are somewhat flexible.

I had a boss who had a rather silly HB try to get nectar out of a button on his jacket.  The jacket was red and we were out in the hills (hillilly HB) anyway he saw the little beak flex as it bumped into the end of the button.  

Those little [A href="mailto:bast@rds"]bast@rds[/A] used to scare the tar out of me.  I'd be hanging on to a cliff face and they would appear out of now where.  They are pretty stinking loud up close and personal.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

Oh Michel....have a wonderful trip.  The bears are awake in our neck of the woods.  They're everywhere !

I'll find out if SD is hiding any other talents while you're gone.  I bet there's so much we don't know....Like how he balances that giant head on his shoulders.  

|