The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

cut off the plastic sheathing on the wire that pases through the smaller threaded part. Leave the plastic on the wires, but take teh plastic sheathing around all the wires.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

cut off the plastic sheathing on the wire that pases through the smaller threaded part. [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]Leave the plastic on the wires, but take teh plastic sheathing around all the wires.[/FONT]

Could you explain that a little differently for me Russ.  I'm not following what you're saying. (forgive my slowness.....lol)

This is what I'm using.

So, when I strip the plastic sheathing off, there are only bare wires.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

P.C.

P.C.

P.C.

Um....well....yes and no.

I was in the shop when you posted your solution.

Michel

P.C.

I tried feeding the split wires through independently....using the bare wires as a grip to pull them through....but the second one wouldn't follow.  It was just stripping the sheathing off inside the brass tube and all that would come through was the bare wires.

So I actually had to leave it intact, and 'pare down' the plastic sheathing itself....taking really thin shavings of it off.      

P.C.

Well, that was only to get it through.  Once it was, that part of was cut off, and an untampered section of the wire was used.  It was REALLY hard pulling it through.

49er

use a little vaseline next time

what did you do to prevent the cord from pulling out?

P.C.

I knotted it, between the socket and socket cap before I connected the wires to the screws.....and it is knotted on the inside of the wall of the base that I made.  

|