So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

cool i'll try that this weekend.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Heres a link to seasons purelife, I thought I knew the restaurant and I was right. Its beautiful! And its expensive but its not for what it is.

Horizons up on BBY mountain is beautiful as well.

[A href="http://www.vancouverdine.com/seasons/home.html"]http://www.vancouverdine.com/seasons/home.html[/A]

I found out last night Im going to my girlfriends company xmas party, its on one of those harbour cruisers out from the coal harbour area. My company cant have an xmas party as the head office for the branch Iwork for it in Aberdeen Scotland.. so they usually just send a christmas card with a gift certificate. The gift certificate is usually only good for the UK though, lol  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I'm going to try making the quesadillas one day.  Sounds yummy.  Do you brush the front and back with olive oil and then put it in the pan?

purelife

Oh, wow, Seasons is beautiful.  The cruise sounds nice, Russ.  Our company had a boat cruise this summer and that was just fun!  This year, we're having it at the Great Hall at the Law Courts, downtown.  It's absolutely beautiful.  I can't wait!

[A href="http://www.lawcourtsinn.com/page129.htm"]http://www.lawcourtsinn.com/page129.htm[/A]

Sportsdude

nope. I guess you could do that but I don't do that.  This weekend I'll make one and take pictures of each step and post it so you know what I'm doing and how to make it. Its really easy.  

purelife

I think that I've got it SD.  Heck, I'll make some tonight since I've got to buy some groceries...

k, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, cheese and tortillas...yummy  I can't wait!  Hmm, I'm guessing that the cheese makes everything else stick together, right?

Thanks SD.

Bye guys.  :)    

Sportsdude

the only problem I ever run into is that I can't seem to find tortillas that are big enough. ugh. I want GIANT tortillas but grocery stores don't have giant tortillas. Need to learn how to make them so I can put a lot of stuff into them.

Russ

Nite purelife. Im trying them tongiht as well, SD.

kingy

seasons is great but very expensive. the view is awesome, i love the food there. i guess if the company is paying for it, then why not huh.

Russ

kingy wrote:
 seasons is great but very expensive. the view is awesome, i love the food there. i guess if the company is paying for it, then why not huh. [/DIV]
 Without a doubt! Are drinks included? Or is there a limit or you pay for them yourselves?

Im just curious really as my g/f says she has to buy tickets now for drinks otherwise they are full price, while talking to other friends they get no discounts or the drinks are completely free.

kingy

free drinks, as much as you want. i usually order a couple of appitizers. i love those stuffed mushroom caps.

purelife

With the quesadillas, SD, do you buy the tortilla pockets or the one piece flat ones?  The chips are made from those pockets where you end up splitting them into two.  

Russ, I think that the smaller the company, the more that they could afford to pay for unlimited drinks and the 3-course dinner.  I used to work for a small company that had less than 25 staff and they paid for everything.  The bill was over $3000.

Now, the company that I'm with, usually expects 300 attendees including employees and guests.  This year, we're having 330 confirmed attendees including guests.  Our company gave both the employee and guest two free drink tickets, buffet dinner and taxi voucher if needed.  The company is forking out over $35,000 for this party!  We're lucky that we don't have to pay because some companies, make your guest pay $20.

I didn't end up making quesadillas but instead, had t-bone steak and onions.  I really really had a craving for steak.  I will be making them this weekend for sure.

Sportsdude

the one piece flat ones. Never heard of pocket ones.  

purelife

Evening SD.

Really?  Your area doesn't sell the tortillas that are pocketed?  These are popular for like chicken shavarma wraps.  

Sportsdude

Good Evening Pl,

nope. Not that I'm aware of I tortillas that look like this:

|