So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Mmmm..... rainbow trout. Reminds me of the time we caught trout in this little lake in Germany. We caught one and we had to bash its poor brain out so the owner of the lake could pan fried the sucker for us. Needless to say we couldn't do it so the owner had to do it for us in the end. Best darn fish ever!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Lunch?  Forgot about it.  I was busy boiling water.  I'll think about it when I get back from work.  See you all later.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

how is everyone surviving without starbucks coffee today?

DREAM and ZZZzzzzzzzz..

kingy wrote:
how is everyone surviving without starbucks coffee today?[/DIV]
 HUH? WHY YOU COME ON THIS NICE FORUM AND SWEAR???!!!!  

Lise

Apparently the above poster left his/her brain somewhere before coming here.......

Can't handle SB. Their coffee is too strong for some reason, even the decaf. Their lattes are to die for if you're not counting calories.

Got a favorite at SB?
Bill Cosby.

DREAM and ZZZzzzzzzzz..

Ahh, I read Vancouver is on a water boil advisory. (bowing head sheepishly).

So it wouldn't just be Starbucks with no coffee! That must have been a rough morning for Vancouver!? Then again, I guess their are other things to worry about.

I like Starbucks coffee. I like the independants too.

Lise

It's a rough morning everywhere, Zzz. Rain and no coffee makes a Vancouveritte extremely cranky. BTW, just read on DV the water advisory has lifted in some areas of Vancouver.

[P align=center]BOIL WATER ADVISORY LIFTED FOR PORTIONS OF GREATER VANCOUVER

[FONT size=3] [P align=left]Medical Health Authorities have advised that "at the recommendation of the Medical Health Officers, the boil water advisory is lifted for all areas except Vancouver, North Shore and Burnaby. Turbidity levels for all other areas is at acceptable levels, because they are being served by the Coquitlam water source. We will continue to monitor the situation closely."

[P align=left]GVRD staff advise that turbidity levels in the GVRD's Capilano and Seymour reservoirs are declining but remain above acceptable levels. The region is currently discharging water from the Capilano and Seymour lakes in an effort to release as much of the turbid water as is possible. Inflow to the reservoirs is, at the moment, experiencing much lower turbidity, although additional impact may be expected from storms forecast for this weekend.

[P align=left]Disinfection of the source water has been increased, as has sampling and testing.

[P align=center]---30---

[P align=left]For information[SPAN class=073270521-17112006][FONT face=Arial size=2] visit [/FONT][/SPAN][A title=http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/ href="http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/" rel=nofollow][FONT title=http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/ color=#000000]www.gvrd.bc.ca[/FONT][/A]

[/FONT]
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Life was hell this morning with no coffee. We tried three places after the normal place we go to in the mornings.

found one place near us later and got one, the first break we tried to go there and found out it was shut down by the powers that be even though they were boiling it. Didnt want any issues with lawsuits I guess.

Yeah, I can see my friends going back to that Lise. Its so much easier to just throw away rather than scrape and wash... been there and helped a few times. Yuckers.

Bash a trouts brains out? Musta been almost ten pounds then? I find when they are smaller you just put one hand into the gills gripping the body and with the other hand take the head from the bottom and bend it back until it touches the back of the fish. Snap the neck and done.

I agree though Lise, Trout fresh out of the water and straight into the pan with butter is the bestest!!

I had bar food for lunch, typical friday noon.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Hey, Russ.  I love your new message!  Hilarious!

Russ

Thanks kitten! You the only one that has noticed my messages enough to comment. Lots more ready and waiting..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

I look forward to them with eager anticipation.  You seem to come up with the greatest stuff.

purelife

LOL Russ.  Just read your message.  That's hilarious.  I can't believe that's for real!  

Do you want to hear something so extremely pathetic?  Well, we sent out this email reminder to staff to sign up for the Christmas party.  And on the title, we write down the company name and at the end of our company name we wrote "Co." and not the full word "Company".  Well, we all know that Co. is an abbreviated form of Company.  Anyways, someone from our Marketing dept. was all arms up in the air because she was like "you must stick to the exact company name of X & Y Company.  GEESHUS!  The funny thing is that I can't believe that we had to write on the invitation the name of our company when it is obviously only for us staff (and guest).  Oh, that was just so pointless.  Bleh!  

kitten

Talk about anal retention!  She must be really uptight and stressed out.

Lise

Wow. What a b.....h. I guess you get one in every office.
Bill Cosby.

|