So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Wow. That simple??!? How come my mom's curry involve a lotta work? Argh. She says it's simple but it's beyond simple.

Hmmm. I think I'll make curry sometime this week. Yummy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol my grandma is the same way about her hungarian food. She says its simple but cooking for 5 hrs to me does not look simple. lol

Thinking of her food on the other hand... makes me want to jump on a plane...
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Never had Hungarian cuisine before. Wonder if there's a restaurant here that serve that? Come to think of it, I don't think there's a huge Hungarian population here in Vancouver.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Its pretty good. Lots of paprika turns the meat red for example. Chicken fall right off the bone.

So if your not a paprika fan you probably wouldn't like the food because it uses a LOT of paprika.

Chicken, Pork, meatballs thats what my grandma cooks.

purelife

Your mom's curry was absolutely divine.

Oh, I also added some lemon juice, about two teaspoons to my curry.  I know that I have left out a ton of other spices because real curry has about 12 different spices and a bunch of other stuff.  I like mine simple and mild.  

Hey Lise...CROCKPOT CURRY!  :D  YAH YAH!  :)    

Sportsdude

I went to an Indi-Paki store by my house looking for curry things and I got strange looks. lol

Everyone stopped and stared, ugh. In my head I was like 'what? you'd never seen a gaint white guy before in the store?' And to be honest now that I think about it, I don't think they never had before, which is sad really.

Lise

Crockpot curry?? No way. Really? It works?

I'm not touching my crockpot for awhile. Made too much congee, deep freezed the sucker and hardly put a dent in it. Got more congee for the next few days. *sigh*  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

oh cool crock pot curry... *runs to find the crock pot cook book* LOL brilliant idea purelife, now I'm going to cook for the family! brilliant!

purelife

Crockpot curry would be great.  Add those ingredients that I mentioned and just leave it on low for a few hours.  Wow, that would taste really really great...to have all the potatoes mushed into the curry sauce.  The coconut milk, I find, adds that extra sweetness to the curry.  I've never made curry in a crockpot but I'm sure it'll taste even better.  

Oh, that sucks SD.   Oh well, you'll be the talk for the rest of their lives.. tee hee..  It's kinda cool, to be unique.  

Sportsdude

Yeah they'll be like how was work today?

Guy who runs the store: Well there was this tall white guy who walked in looking for indian food.

wife: oh my

man: yeah oh my indeed.

lol

Lise

Thanks for the compliment on my mom's curry. I still have a packet leftover. All I gotta do is puree a couple of onions (tears, oh tears galore) and then the curry powder. Toss in chicken and hope to the Gods of Cooking it'll turn up edible.

Does anyone have any teriffic dessert dish they like to share? I'm looking to make a dessert dish that's simple and quick.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what they're thinking, SD. I know I wouldn't but that's just me.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I have an excellent Tiramisu receipe.  If you're interested, I'll get it for you over the weekends, or post it tonight.  

purelife

After you make the tiramisu, you do need to leave it in the fridge overnight.  

I don't remember all the ingredients but some included lady fingers, kawula (or rum) and dark coffee and cocoa powder.  

I also made cheesecake once.  That turned out very good.  It was simple.  I'll find that website if you're interested.

Lise

Sure, purelife. Post the recipe here for all to share. Thanks!  
Bill Cosby.

|