So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

looks interesting. I'm into anything to be honest, I like to culture myself I proud myself in that. Trying new things.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
 Hey Purelife you were the 5000th post on this thread.

[FONT size=7]CONGRATS GIRL!!!![/FONT][/DIV]

SWEET.  Did that earn me a blessing (or two?)

Sportsdude

I blessed you 30 minutes ago so I can't bless you for another 30 minutes.

49er

Lise wrote:
I'm sure an Asian grocery store will pop up soon. Or you can just open one up yourself.

Hey purelife, lady fingers to me is okra, y'know.. that veggie. Where can I find what you're talking about? [/DIV]
 Lady Fingers....cake and not okra    

Lise

Lady fingers cake. I'm sure I spotted them somewhere before. Hmm. Thanks 49er.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Lady fingers are cookies..shortbread, more like it.  You can buy them at any grocery store.  

Lise

Kinda soft sponge rolls, right? Sorry, am somewhat dim when it comes to that item. I think I may have seen it but have never tried it before.

I'm hungry already and I just had a small pizza.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Don't be sorry Lise.  I didn't know what they were until my friend told me about it.  These lady fingers are used as layers in the tiramisu.  I believe that these lady fingers get dipped in the kawula(sp?) (or rum) and again dipped in coffee and then a cream cheese spread goes on top and you repeat for about 6 times or so for that tiramisu layers.  I'll post up the recipe.

purelife

tiramisu...that's how it'll end up looking

Lise

I have tried tiramisu. Delicious!

Can you get drunk on that? Hehe. Oh heck, does it pass through breast milk?? The last thing I want is a very drunkan Lise Jr. on my hands.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I think breast milk is different then when you're pregnant. little one isn't going to get drunk. So drink away!

purelife

Hmmm...then no tiramisu for you Miss Lise.  I think cheesecake would be your best bet...it'll help fatten up Lise Jr.  hee hee...  (with all the cream cheese...  did you know that 3 packages of cream cheese is needed?  OMG...so, I just end up buying LITE! oh, and on small container of sour cream!  OMG!  cheesecakes are always so fattening...that's why I don't make it often.)  

purelife

I don't know about that SD.  The baby will still absorb all the nutrients and contents.  I even heard that the mother should not even spray perfume and/or use under arm deodorant.  It's supposedly bad for the baby because it'll end up soaking that in from teh milk.

Sportsdude

I guess I'll check WebMD.

Lise

Yeah, I know, purelife! Cheesecake can be so fattening no matter what. And expensive to boot. 3 packages of cream cheese gets expensive in the end.

How do you do yours?

I have to watch what I take in, SD. Even tea weaken with tons of milk makes baby cranky.  
Bill Cosby.

|