So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Bangers and Mash sounds 'jolly good' *chortle chortle*.  

I'm not frustrated at all.  Just annoyed at my stupidity.  The tiles I bought yesterday, are 9 by 12 and the tiles that are presently on the hearth are 12 by 12.  Of course I knew the difference, and thought I calculated accordingly.....but.....well........

Anyway, all is right.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

That's the important thing.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

CK

*chortle chortle*.  

umm^ not sure what that is???

Glad to see its alright, don't forget I am always here for a "frustration" massage!

CK

That sounded like a good idea too, CK.  Do you have another employee waiting in the wings to replace her?[/DIV]
 Unfortunately no. Finding employees these days is proving rather difficult. Even, if we offer whatever someone wants. Calgary has gone out of control.

kitten

I had heard that it is almost impossible to find experienced workers there.  I guess that means extra work for the remaining employees, right?

I think a chortle is a happy chuckle with hints of triumph in it.

CK

I like that then, chortle it is then.

Yes, Calgary and Alberta are supposed to be shorthanded over 100,000 people in the next couple years. The schools are jammed packed, the waiting lists are out of this world to get in, university or college, the baby boomers are starting to say "ciao".  BC and Saskatchewan are doing good too these days, so skilled people are a scarce thing. Heck, even people right out of school seems to be a scarce thing.

Oh well, I am just enjoying this crazy thing called life.

kitten

What about searching in the "have-not" provinces?  There are so many people searching for work in the Maritimes and Newfoundland that canvassing the universities might help, or is that already being done?

CK

Not really sure about the maritimes. It seems that if you have a skill or trade, you can move almost anywhere these days. The ones that have made up their minds to move west, seem to pack their bags pretty quickly.

kitten

True enough!  I know I did.

CK

Farthest east I have been was Montreal. I am dying to go to the Maritimes one of these years.

kitten

I haven't been back since 1980 so I have no idea what it would be like now.  But I do recommend going in the fall.  The scenery is amazing at that time of year.

CK

I bet it is beautiful!

Well, I wish you a happy weekend, and everyone else.

and P.C. *sigh..*, here is a *BIG HUG* for when you read this.

Sportsdude

Alberta land of the Newfies.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Newf #4498

Sportsdude wrote:
Alberta land of the Newfies.[/DIV]
 What's wrong with that? We are all proud Canadians!

kitten

What are you having for lunch?  I thawed out some beef stew and I plan to have some with whole wheat bread.  Pears (canned, diced) for dessert.  Plus the inevitable coffee.

|