So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

leftovers - meatballs, quinoa, stir fry brocolli and onions.  

Is it lunch yet???!!!!

Gopher

Sweet & Sour Chicken
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

leftovers - kale, quinoa and this veggie mixture of red lentils, eggplant, celery and zuchinni.  

Gopher

DDD

Had lunch bought for me at a bar today .......yea!
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  *waves*

Stopped in to say hi and see what's shakin with everyone.

Can't remember when I was here last.  Out there doing life.  Work, Heckyl and Jeckyl, stuff with Scouts, building a garage and getting the garden in shape, just stuff....

Trying to stay positive and count the daily miracles.  My father in law died earlier this year (at least he had an extra year with us, since his brain tumor diagnosis!), my brother in law lost his house in the Slave Lake fire (at least noone got hurt in the blaze!), I have a mystery infection causing a hugely swollen leg (it's less painful than yesterday! and I'm losing weight due to all the antibiiotics and no appetite!)

Trying not to sweat the small stuff.  

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

And lunch...my congealed oatmeal that I forgot about in the office microand some rye bread with homemade hummous and home grown sprouts
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Sorry to hear about your loss, Lil Me.  Things happening around us definitely remind me not to sweat the small stuff as well.  What we already have is so important and sometimes, we forget that.  You're a strong trooper! :)    

P.C.

Hi to Lil Me and purelife too.  Been ages for me here as well.  So sorry for your loss Lil Me.  It's never easy.  

Sounds like a nasty problem with your leg.  Do they know what it is ?

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

It is a boil with an associated staph infection.
Test results came back today, and the second antibiotic I was given is the correct one.  So I can quit taking the first one...and wait it out.  

Gopher

Well, at least that's some progress. Very sory to read all your news.

Salmon

Russ

Lunch was tomato's, chicken kebabs with peanut sauce, and eggs.

Hello everyone! Been awhile since I was here as well.

Sorry to hear about your leg LM. Hope it gets better.

I agree with you PL on not sweating the small stuff. I seem to be super busy at home now and accomplishing nothing.

Hello to you miss PC! Hope alls going well with you and Sawdust in your neck of the woods. I havent been over to my parents place in almost 8 months now. They seem to be over at my place for some obscure reason now, alot.

Orik! Long time no see buddy, hope alls going well with you.

Gopher! How are you doing. Farmed salmon or real? I must admit, I find myself buying farmed salmon more and more.

Well, as for myself, away again on the dark continent. We are on standby, but finding myself doing more than before due to catching up on all the little things that we couldnt do while operational. At home, life has changed. Thats the best way to put it.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Farmed!

Good to see you again, Russ.

Lil Me

Hi Goph, Hi Russ!

Just tried ice cream at the Cold Stone Creamery for the first time.  It was pretty good!  Went with Jeckyl after his fishing workshop.  I had a chocolate peanut butter combo....good...but nothing holds a candle to Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter Chocolate!

Hmmmm....haven't been to Baskin Robbins for years...prob not since the one at Lougheed Mall disappeared.
*furiously google searching*
Heeyyy...there's one at 203 and Dewdney in MR.  Must go sometime this summer!

P.C.

"Lil Me wrote: Hi Goph, Hi Russ!"

Ahem.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|