So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Back from the live music show (which was great) and Denny's (excellent). I officially can't go out now, nope no more, I was at the club and some girl walked up to me and recognized me from school stuff. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Oh hum... coulda used the coupon, PL but it's too late. Damn but Gaviscon is very expensive. On top of that, I had to buy Gravol for my dad-in-law. Cost me like $30 for everything. Sheesh.

Well, off to the dog food store to buy the mutt some dry food. Man, he eats a lot for a little guy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

cuz he's an iron horse? I thought the dog wasn't a mutt?

Lise

Huh? What do you mean? He's a mutt, a cross between a pommie and chihuaha.

Dinner tonight is spagetti with something something. Haven't decided on the sauce. Man, it's so hard to think about cooking.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol Lise.

I was drinking this beer called Ironhorse this weekend, lame silly jokes in a dead pan voice about beer ensued. Then come the mythical god one liners about not getting hangovers, why? 'cause I'm a horse... etc

hard to explain in text form apparently as my humour escapes the bounds of message boards. Silly 1's and 0's.

Oh I thought he was a pure pommie
-------

I officially quit in being the relationship guru, I spent my entire day on talking through my friends relationship with her partner and its going nowhere.

The silly girl called from Paris today, she's glad to be in an actual country (stuck this place called Italy for weeks), great that she called, minus the huge phone bill...

silly girls

Lise

Ahh......

I don't do the relationship talk. I tend to listen to people's problems more than advising. It's amazing how much you can learn when people talk. Sometimes it's just a matter of sitting aside and letting them get stuff off their chest.

Hey, don't be calling the girls silly. It's offensive.    
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Oh the France girl is silly its her m.o.

Relationship girl, is very attachment prone, bf went back to Germany hasn't emailed her in 2 days, she's going mad. That kind of thing.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  Good to be home.

Had great weekend at Cultus.  I wouldn't have been able to do it after a crazy 2 weeks, but MrLM and the boys packed up everything and got set up early Friday.  I drove out after work, ate dinner and crashed for 12 hours.  I was at that point of fatigue where it felt like the flu.

Had fun on the beach, ate some fresh raspberries and strawberries from the Valley, fresh peas for dinner last night.

Rain didn't start until late last night and stopped sometime during the time we were sleeping.

Back around noon and still putting gear away.

Out for pasta with the fam tonight.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

lol Lil Me...you mean you only had to be one parent this weekend ?  Camping really is such a lot of work.  It wouldn't be so bad if you parked it for a week or two, but weekend excursions are more work than enjoyment.  And if I can't have a campfire....well...there's just no point.  

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]
SD wrote:  I officially quit in being the relationship guru[/span]

Is this the classic case of the blind leading the blind ?

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

No, why?

Its more of she gives me this note he wrote where it says he'll write back within two days and he doesn't have internet at home and its really thus hard for him to reach her.

She goes he's not writing me, he doesn't love me.

I just copy and paste what he said and reiterate that he cares about her and is feeling the same way about missing her. Then she goes 'but he's not writing' that's where I copy and paste the part of his note that says 'i will reply in 2 days' etc.

Then its her not believing his own words, and for that I don't have any answers as I don't know the guy so I'm just going off of what he wrote thus he sounds reasonable, and also promised within two days that he would have a further response to what she the girl in question was questioning about. Therefore, no need to worry so much and get outside and enjoy the countryside. etc

I'm not telling anyone to do anything but just chill. lol

Lise

Uhm... yeah, talk about being inmature in a relationship. I guess she doesn't quite trust her BF.

Sounds like you had fun, LM. Just reading about your little trip is enough to exhaust me. How do you get your endless supply of energy? I get tired just being around my girls for more than an hour. I actually look forward to bedtime so I can sit down and piece my thoughts together.

I'm working two days this week on account of the public holiday. Life is good. :)

Oh, is anyone having trouble posting emoticons on their messages? I can't seem to click on the icons....
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I had that too Lise.  It's working now....but it just wouldn't work last week.

I'm SOOOOO ticked.  I was at the check-out in the garden center in Walmart...and when I tried to pay with my debit card....it wouldn't work.  I had my sunglasses on my head...and put my reading glasses on to do the debit thing and they started to fall....so I grabbed them and put them on the counter.  Anyways...I said to the guy....I don't know what the prob is with the card...let me just zip inside and grab some cash.  Which I did.

Zipped back to get my stuff which he had put in a buggy....but no sunglasses.  (garden center was DEAD DEAD DEAD by the way. Not another soul in there but me)  So I asked some other person for my sunglasses...cuz the guy that I had just dealt with had gone for a break.  So I waited.  Apparently nobody saw the sunglasses.  I said come on...really?  $400 Maui Jims down the tube.     I'm really bugged...I misplace my glasses more than anyone I know....but I seldom lose things.  And I think I had help with that.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Oh P.C. :(

How frusticating.

Mr LM made BBQ salmon and rice for dinner.  I stirfried vegetables.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

I'm liking this gig where I'm not the single parent.

Lise

What a bummer, PC. Maybe that cashier guy took it. Sucks.

Geez, I wish my man would cook me something like that. What does it take to make a man do that for you?
Bill Cosby.

|