So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise @ Work

Too damn hot. I was literally dying yesterday. Can't even get up to do much housework. Can someone come over and clean for me?

TGIF. It's going to be a crazy weekend. Little Lise Jr. had ballet recital but I have a feeling she won't be doing it. A case of shyness to the max. All that money for this moment and then nada. Sheesh.  

Michel

Lise @ Work

We've tried that and she did perform for us. Wasn't a big deal but when you get her up there in front of strangers, she just freezes. *sigh* Anyhoo.... if she does perform, we'll be happy but if not then whatever. We did our best.  

Michel

P.C.

Shyness is socially debilitating.  It's a quiet thing, so we let it pass thinking it causes no harm....but it's really worthwhile to invest the time to bring them out of it.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

Sportsdude wrote:
Yes VG, but what about the lows? Remember the blankets.

lows in the high teens low 20's celcius. usually i sleep on top of blankets

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

Ah okay, so its not southern Arizona where it gets around 10 at night.
Speaking of they're under a red flag warning.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

purelife

Hi everyone.

I'm sure with some time invested with Lil Lise Jr that she will overcome her shyness, Miss Lise.  I agree with Michel's method of exposing her to strangers, making her feel comfortable talking to them, responding to their questions, etc.  I think personalities are easier to mold when they are young than when they become an adult.  

I got my results back from the ultrasound and babe is perfectly healthy.  It didn't cooperate to show its gender so it might just end up being a surprise afterall unless we choose to go for the 3D ultrasound later later on.   As long as this one is healthy and I am only carrying ONE, I'm good with any gender.

Sportsdude

But what if its deux mini-pl's? Just don't go Jon and Kate on us. haha

3785ft Nogales 55F low
2394ft Sells 60F low
1811ft Ajo 66F low
2552ft Tuscon 64F low
1161ft Phoenix 67F low
6986ft Flagstaff 43F low

funny in high school I wanted to go to Tuscon for university.

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  Leftover pizza for lunch.  Hamburger helper for dinner later on.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Good advice, everyone. I'll try and expose her to more strangers. I think she'll definitely have her fill come September when she starts kindergarten.

Today we took her to her ballet rehearsal and she wouldn't even let go of my bag. I was even given permission to stay with her backstage but she still wouldn't co-operate. I just hugged her and told her that I would have liked to see her on stage but if she doesn't feel like it, we won't push her. Oh well. One semester of ballet and $100 bucks on tickets down the drain. *sigh*

EDIT: Totally psyched on your baby, purelife!!! EXCITEMENT!!!  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Sportsdude

She should be fine in kindergarten, usually the shy ones find other shys and or they are tag a longs on to a group of 'populars'. At least that's how I remember it. Then again I knew two guys from preschool who were in my class.

Lise

I don't remember the friends in kindergarten. I think my earliest memories were doing the Hawaiian dance on stage and artwork. Oh... and losing my front teeth on the way to somewhere. Such funny memories.

Had steak tonight. Mediocre. Next time, something spicier.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|