So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Morning Lise.  I had forgotten about that park.  The one with the nature house, right?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lise

Hey LM and Michel. Sorry to missed you. Yes, it's the one with the nature house. Tons of birds but you gotta be patient or you'll missed them. As for me, I was more concern about the wee little buggers called garter snakes that love hanging around the area.

Michel - I didn't know you don't like taking pictures of captive animals but I can see your point judging from you pictures. The Woodland Zoo has this amazing enclosure for gorillas where the glass only seperates you from the primates. We (meaning the kiddies) were just fascinated.

Hmmm..... Wednesday morning. Another day, another drama. When's our next stat holiday?????
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

I'd love to go to Africa, too.  Maybe Russ can pack an extra big suitcase or steamer trunk with him...and all the cast of DS will stowaway on the boat.

Looks like it's going to be a great day.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Michel wrote:
Ah gorillas, one day I'll go to Rwanda's and Congo's national parks and get pics of them in the wild. Just hope there will still be some...[img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/10.gif[/img]  

Gorillas make a lot of freakin noise.

Ive seen them in a zoo like park in Congo. You could sometimes see them if you got close enough to the shores on the Congo River.

Avoid the Africa Green monkey (I think they are called). We saw some of them in cages and my god do they make noise.. they like to throw crap at you or pee at you if you get too close. They will also try to grab you. One of them took a hat from a person in the group I was in.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Lil Me

What a great day out there.  Hope everyone had a good day today.

StupidStore BBQ chicken, grilled zucchini and French bread for dinner.

Lise

Right, mental note to self: avoid green monkeys. As a kid, we went to this place in Penang, Malaysia where monkeys were (still) worshipped. They would roam around the place (in gangs no less) and try to grab whatever you have in your hands, handbags, whatever. Only the quawlos think they're terribly cute. I think they're vicious buggers with fleas.

Here's a youtube clip on them if you're interested. [A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bLJA1BtWW8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bLJA1BtWW8[/A]

Stupidstore BBQ chicken isn't so bad. It's great when you don't feel like cooking. Hmm.... maybe that's our dinner this weekend.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Evening! Studying like mad over here and the infiltration of ubc decision making continues... lol
I learned:
-the school pays no attention to the high schoolers from rural areas of BC who are top of their class
-the school thinks lower mainland is BC
-albertans get higher grades
-the school is run by old british males, no people of colour in the house
-Mark Twain reincarnated and became a prof at UBC
-For all their talk about weeding 'bad kids' out of the system, aka kids who weren't in the top 5% of their class in hs, I'm staring them in the face.

I could have some fun with this...

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]  Hi everyone...erm....anyone.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Hi Gophie....bye Gophie.  Really gotta run this time.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Hey everyone!

Something really cool happened today, VANOC called, they gave me a volunteering job.... To be in the opening and closing ceremony as a performer (on tv). Time to get my dancing shoes. Its a huge time commitment (100hrs starting in Nov) but I don't think I could live this down if I passed it up.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I never knew SD could dance!

Friday!  Hey, hope everyone is going to have a good weekend.

Heckyl, Jeckyl and I went to go set up for a taekwondo tournament tonight.  I'm helping there all day tomorrow.

|