So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Why would you stay up til 3:15 AM on the eve of a new job ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
Why would you stay up til 3:15 AM on the eve of a new job ?  
*checks calendar*
-last day of school
-thousands of people went to this concert
-everybody headed to Wreck afterward
-end of year

I'm fine, sleep when I'm dead. There's always coffee.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Sheesh,  Kids these days....

Oh Hai everyone!  Have a great long weekend.  I'm going to enjoy my 1st paid stat holiday tomorrow!  Had a nice day- had the office to myself this morning, which meant that I got a ton done.  The boss and a couple of employees showed up later in the afternoon- the boss wanted to go to the pub, so we closed up and left.  Boss paid.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Sounds like a most reasonable boss !  

Well.....cheers to your first paid stat Lil Me.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]  

Lil Me

Evening!  Hope everyone is having a good long weekend.

Had a last ski day of the year followed by lunch at Rotten Ronnie's- craving fries and salt.

Went home and spent a couple hours in the home office.  *pats self on back*  I figured out how to transfer money between accounts in Quickbooks in different currencies without paying hundreds of dollars for a software upgrade.  My brain hurts now, but at least I finished 1st quarter record keeping and GST for our business.

Oh, btw...discovered a new beer to like.  Rickard's White.  Tasty.  Resfreshing.  Citrus-y.        
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Evening, stupid-faux-can't make up its mind sort of stat holiday
Its finals period, and they close the libraries at 5. wth
Then a place of work was closed, governments never close, yet they apparently want a day off. Real leaders work 365 days a week as that's there job to lead...

lol

anyway biked around pt grey, kits, dunbar singing a song in my head I made up about my life to the tune of I will survive.

work tomorrow then this crazy party that'll go til 5am on Sunday.

Lise

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing long weekend.

We went to Seattle Premium Outlet on Thursday. No line-up at the border which suits us just fine. I bought myself a Coach purse which I am totally nuts about. Then we went to Target and got several DVDs for $5. Unbelievable. I love shopping in the good ole USA.

Finally went to watch the Watchmen yesterday. Interesting. A bit violent even for me but good story line. I am glad it got the Zack Syder treatment because he stayed true to the graphic novel. Can't wait to see what he has in store next.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Morning, just got back from work.
Party tonight, that's about it.

P.C.

Evening, stupid-faux-can't make up its mind sort of stat holiday
Its finals period, and they close the libraries at 5. wth
Then a place of work was closed, governments never close, yet they apparently want a day off. Real leaders work 365 days a week as that's there job to lead...

I dunno SD.  Working 365 days a week is a pretty tough thing to do.

I have zero problem with places being closed.  I'd even like to see everything closed on Sundays like the olden days.

Sportsdude

I know countless of people who do.  

P.C.

Sportsdude

The thousands of people who work in the newspaper business, yes I do, P.C.

readers digests version of the paragraph.
-guns
-knives
-16yr olds
-fight
-me
-other people
-I'm getting old

Anyway, moving on, punk kids showed up at the party uninvited, we think 16 year olds, they were looking for a fight, said they had a glock, pulled out a wimpy knife (seriously is that they can all come up with these days), I walked out of the house amused, they noticed (lol, weak) and got all defensive (lame 16yr olds). Anyway everybody in the party was freaking out a bit, I thought they were adults, apparently not. They handled it well anyway, A+ on the diffusion by the big guy outside. Ended up talking to the mother of my friend about how kids these days are going overboard. Do I sound old? I think I do. lol

P.C.

Oh for heavens sake....will ya read what you wrote.  365 days a [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #a0ff40"]WEEK[/FONT] !  

Sportsdude

ooops.... lol sorry...

|