So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

van_guy

Michel wrote:
hey cool info, thanks for that. I might go back there at Easter if I don't feel like driving.  

I read somewhere that there are supposed to be some nice fossils on harrison lake

[a href="http://www.hancockhouse.com/products/pdfs/GemTraSC.pdf"]the guy who wrote this doesn't know a damn thing about fossils but he gives a good description of where to find them - so that is useful[/a]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

Michel wrote:
hey cool info, thanks for that. I might go back there at Easter if I don't feel like driving.  

There is a field trip next month to the harrison spot ...
[a href="http://www.lapidary.bc.ca/trips.html"]http://www.lapidary.bc.ca/trips.html[/a]

you may need to fork out $10 to join a club but they pretty much guarantee fossils in the bag.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Michel

Russ

Good morning everyone! Back in lovely Vancouver as Starfishie had to work.
Thanks LM.. lol, um just out of curiousity.. how do you do your corned beef hashbrowns?

Morning VG: Ha! Different Fossils.. could be just as old though.

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]It's a beauty indeed Lil Me.  Nice to have some sunshine on your day off.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Hey Russ....looks like you're pretty busy, but if you get a chance to pop by.....love to see ya![/div]
I appologize here.. we had good intentions to make it, but we kept getting sidetracked with small things like installing a bathroom fan for my parents with my  dad which took twice as long as we both read the plainly spoken english directions different ways. I finally asked him how the french directions were he obviously was reading.

Other than that.. Im having to look into exhaust systems after this trip.. my vehicle is louder than normal lol. It got really bad heading to the ferry, and the lady asked if there was something wrong with it... I just told her it must be a fan belt.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

I appologize here.. we had good intentions to make it, but we kept getting sidetracked with small things like installing a bathroom fan for my parents with my  dad which took twice as long as we both read the plainly spoken english directions different ways. I finally asked him how the french directions were he obviously was reading.

Oh jeebs....don't apologize for heavens sake !  I know you are busy when you come over.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Hey!  Came home feeling really bummed out today.  Then I realized that I need to change my frame of mind.  I should feel satsified if I [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]know[/span] that I've done a good job at work, instead of waiting for a pat on the back from the boss.

But I do know that I'm doing a good job.  Sometimes the day is a bit disjointed and I end up putting out fires instead of making forward progress with my own projects.

So...corned beef hash.
 Had some steamed diced potatoes in the fridge.
 Fried them in oil with 2 chopped onions and some chopped pastrami.
 I wish the potatoes had "browned" a bit more, but I think I was lacking patience with the nonstick frying pan and didn't let the "sit" long enough before moving them around.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Hi Lil Me - My boss tells me "If I don't hear anything, it means you're doing a good job.  If I hear complaints, then we've got something to work at."  So far so good....

At my former position, my Supervisor sat down with me and asked if I liked to hear if I was doing a good job and if I liked praises.  I told her that it would be nice to hear it once in a while and she told me to forward any emails to her when my contacts give me good feedback.

Maybe you could ask your new boss how he thinks you're doing?  And that you'd like some feedback?  I think everyone needs praises and to get noticed in work, life, etc. I have confidence that you're doing a wonderful job, Lil Me. :) (if that helps)

Dinner was perogies with sour cream and some bacon bits.

P.C.

purelife !!!  It's good to hear your sweet voice.  How are things going at your work ?  Any more words on job security?

I agree, Lil Me.  It's nice to get some positive feedback.....not necessarily to feed our egos, but it helps us to know if were meeting their expectations.  (but feeding our egos is nice too)  There's no doubt in MY mind that you're doing a great job...but it would be nice to hear it from them.      

Lil Me

Hey P.C.  Hey purelife.  Thanks for your support!

Chocolate, anyone?

Went to a Scouts campfire in the rain tonight.  Now I'm cold and tired and I should probably go to bed instead of eating chocolate.  lol

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Oh brrrrr.  I haven't been able to shake the cold all day.  I was lazy and didn't start a fire, and now I regret it.

....and um....a chocolate would be nice.

Michel

Lil Me

*passes chocolates*
 Leftover from Valentines Day, but the package was unopened until today.

P.C.

I thought city noises were supposed to be cars and traffic and sirens.  Sheesh !  

|