So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

49er

Lil Me wrote:
Tonight's dinner is [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]guy gook fahn[/SPAN] made in the rice cooker.  Steamed chicken and sausage with rice.  I've never actually made this before, but I got detailed instructions from my aunt yesterday.

Great for cold evennings..........instead of browning the chicken we usually marinate it along with the other ingredants including with a lot of julienne ginger overnight in refrigerator

Lise

When I was a wee peanut, I used to eat lap cheong and hated it. Now that I can't (on account of it being a piggy), I kinda miss the taste. So good with just plain rice.

Just sat through 7 bloody hours of the most boring lectures imaginable. Oral cancer. Yes, yes, the pictures were amazing but I could without the bloody statistic and made-up names. I tell you, research people are just about the most boring folks on earth. Can you imagine if you were ever at the table with them how boring their conversations would be? "Say have you seen this data on p978? There was a spike in the ribosome that just threw me off!" YAWN.

At least we got lots of coffee and tea for our trouble.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

purelife

I was going to order the chicken one day but found out that sides are an extra $3!!  My colleague who went there for her first time for lunch spent 18 bucks!!  I totally mis-calculated the costs for food at UF.

Today, I was absolutely convinced that it was Tuesday.  I took my time to submit things because I was thinking "Hey, it's not due until Wed noon."  I'M LOSING MY FREAKING MIND!!!  I still can't remember what I did to account for the extra day because I only remember yesterday and today!

P.C.

Bonus !!!!  Only 2 days to the weekend, instead of three.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a040.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Dinner was very laid back.  tofu puffs, brussell sprouts (I added a bit of butter, chopped walnuts and salt) and a papaya.

I know that I'm probably the only one here who likes brussell sprouts.  I had a craving for them. :P

P.C.

I didn't even know you could puff a tofu.  [img onclick="selecte('eh.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/eh.gif" border=0]

Teriyaki chicken, dirty rice, and broccoli.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

What did you have ?

Michel

purelife

Dirty rice?  Do share!  

P.C.

I don't know if that's what it's really called....it's just what Sawdust and I call it.

Cook diced bacon....drain off fat....and a small handful of shredded cabbage and saute for a minute or two....add cooked rice.  Mix in a goodly portion of China Lily soy sauce....(has to be China Lily) toss until rice is coated.  Scrummy !  (Sawdust's fave)

purelife

Ahhhh...I see...it was called dirty rice because you guys were getting "busy" in the kitchen while the rice was cooking.   No wonder it's Mr Sawdust's favorite.  

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a234.gif" border=0]                                                                      .

|