So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

lol I meant Chinese food.

saw a stunt guy climb buchanan tower. That was pretty cool.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Morning all!

Had a lot of fun with good friends last night.  They cooked Persian rice (with the crispy tadiq crust), cranberry maple chicken and I supplied 2 frozen containers of Lo hon jai (vegetarian Monk's Feast) made by my aunts.  Had fried neen goh for dessert.  Had a great time comparing foods and New Years traditions from around the world- our families came from China, Iran, Germany, England and St Lucia.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good morning Miss Lil

I don't know what most of those delectables are, but they sure sound interesting.  Can you describe what a tadig crust is....and also neen goh ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Tadiq is a crunchy crust on rice.  I really think you and Sawdust would love it.
 [a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/Persian-Rice-124898"]http://www.recipezaar.com/Persian-Rice-124898[/a]

The neen goh is a thick (brown sugar and rice flour) solid pudding that is sliced and fried.  It's a bit difficult to describe because the consistency is unlike anything else.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

That sounds really good.  We will definitely try it.  Amazing the billions of ways to do rice.

The consistency of your pudding sounds almost like polenta.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Exactly, P.C.  That's it!  Polenta but without the "bits" because it is made with rice flour, not rice.  

Sportsdude

Morning!
baah don't talk about persian food, I was suppose to go out for persian food today with one of my Iranian friends but she's trying to get a visa to the states to visit her boyfriend mr. phd mit in boston, which is time consuming and involves a lot of paper work of which she didn't know about apparently. lol

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
Morning!
baah don't talk about persian food, I was suppose to go out for persian food today with one of my Iranian friends but she's trying to get a visa to the states [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]to visit her boyfriend mr. phd mit in boston,[/FONT] which is time consuming and involves a lot of paper work of which she didn't know about apparently. lol

Do you like this gal?  The way you say "mr. phd mit in boston" makes it sounds like you're jeolous.

Sportsdude

bingo. Although I like him too he's a nice guy.
They're cute together.

Orik

edit

[font size="-1" face="arial,sans-serif"]Lechon (roast pork)[/font]  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

edit lechon is roasted pork. i' skipped the bbq duck

[img style="width: 337px; height: 297px;" src="http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/Orik_Basher/Jan%2020%202009%20vancouver/RoastedPig.jpg"]

[font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][font color="midnightblue" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][span class="spnMessageText"][/span][/font][/font][font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][font color="midnightblue" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][span class="spnMessageText"]

[/span][/font][/font][font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][font color="midnightblue" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][span class="spnMessageText"][img title="Click the image to enlarge" name="img" src="http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee144/Orik_Basher/Jan%2020%202009%20vancouver/Ducksinarow.jpg" style="cursor: pointer; width: 500px; height: 316px;" onclick="doimage(this,event)" border="0"][/span][/font][/font]
[font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][font color="midnightblue" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][span class="spnMessageText"]

[/span][/font][/font]
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

I thought it was foa gee?
 I had some of that for dindin, too.  Went to my aunt's house to borrow CNY decorations to show my Scout kids.  She gave me some chicken and pork, too.

Orik

my bad LIL ME it is Lechon (roast pork) lechon being the tagalog word for roast pork

in chinese it is chiseal for bbq pork and u r right it is foa gee for the roast pork

luzon is a area of the philippines oops my bad...

Michel

Sportsdude

curry for dinner.
Some famous Korean actor is doing his scenes and the asian mob of girls can't control themselves, it was the most embarrassing moment I've witnessed as a human being. lol

|