So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Peter Griffin The Family Guy calls them chicken FUH JIE TUHs  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

Lol at sportsdude... but mmmmmm curry yummy

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Michel

Michel

Lise

Hmmm........ remind me never to eat at Michel's. It's always going to be a surprise.

Wow. It actually snowed last night though it's a mere sprinkle. I'm glad that it wasn't too much - I seriously can't handle another dump of snow any more.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Snow here too Lise.  Haven't had a good look yet, but appears to be 3 or 4 inches.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

Good morning everyone.

I have nothing interesting to say except that I'd like it to be Friday night right about now.  :P

Michel

Lil Me

Tonight's dinner is guy gook fahn made in the rice cooker.  Steamed chicken and sausage with rice.  I've never actually made this before, but I got detailed instructions from my aunt yesterday.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Yer always cooking such interesting stuff !

Lil Me

Funny how everything is relative.  It's a really ordinary dish in my family.

Cook rice until partially done-
 Add browned chicken pieces, sliced steamed Chinese sausage, some reconstituted dried mushrooms,  ginger, garlic, a bunch of soy sauce, some sugar, some booze, some salt.

I wanted to add water chesnuts, but I left them in the fridge and forgot about them...

purelife

Are you making it with lap cheung?

Lil Me

Yes.  In my family, we sometimes use the word foong cheung.  I don't know if that's a real Cantonese word or a village word.  

P.C.

Well, it all sounds very exotic for those whom it is not a regular meal.  Sounds yummy.

|