So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I think I wouldn't be afraid to fly a plane....so perhaps it has more to do with putting my destiny in someone elses hands.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

purelife

I think anxiety is linked to some sort of trigger (either by feeling, sound, touch, etc)  Well, at least for me it does.  It isn't easy to listen to reasoning or what makes sense.  

I would have to get rid of that trigger in order to get rid of my anxiety.

Hmmm, I'm not making any sense here....  

Michel

purelife

P.C. wrote:
Back when I was about 18, purelife.  I was offered a stewardess job with Pacific Western Airlines  (OLD airline.....lol)   I thought it sounded good....and then something happened that made me freeze up at the thought of it.  Don't know what it was though.

Did you have reoccuring dreams afterwards?  And still do, but less often than before?

P.C.

I have flown....about 3 or 4 times.  I got invited into the cockpit by the pilot...and he was very nice and explained a bunch of the stuff and promised me he would get me to my destination safely.  And he did.  I spent the whole vacation sweating bullets dreading the return.

I know there is no logic to it....it doesn't matter.....it just IS.  

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
I think I wouldn't be afraid to fly a plane....so perhaps it has more to do with putting my destiny in someone elses hands.

unless you're flying a small plane, pilots aren't flying the commercial airliner. The computer is. All pilots do is sit and watch and taxi. From take off to landing its all computer on a designated route. Air Force pilot told me this on a flight.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

purelife, you're making perfect sense.

Michel wrote:  Are you effraid to take a taxi ? Are you effraid when Sawdust drive the car ? Are you effraid when you take the ferry ? It's all the same.

Yes, yes, no.  No it's not.   [/DIV]

purelife

P.C., do you want to change what is or find out what it is?      

Michel

P.C.

unless you're flying a small plane, pilots aren't flying the commercial airliner. The computer is. All pilots do is sit and watch and taxi. From take off to landing its all computer on a designated route. Air Force pilot told me this on a flight.

Is that why they're having cocktails and napping while they're piloting ?

It makes no difference.  Well....if anything it makes it worse.  I've watched my computer fuff up daily for years.  

Sportsdude

Come on P.C. you can do this. Sawdust sounds like a globe trotting kind of guy, I know there's places in the world you want to see. This is the perfect time to see the world! You can do this. :))  

Michel

Sportsdude

ouch that's harsh Michel.

I must say though that flying is a pointless exercise. I never get anything out of flying other than getting across the continent quicker. I feel removed from the landscape.

purelife

I know that one day, P.C. it will just "click" and it'll make sense to why you felt this since 18.

|