So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Well....technically I'm not afraid of flying.  I actually love speed and thrill type rides.....it's the crashing part that I'm afraid of.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

Thanks Lil Me.....I tried having numerous cocktails once when I flew....it only made me louder about being afraid.     It does really bug me though.....I don't like being afraid of things, and it is very limiting.  

Lil Me

lol.  I'm working through the book to overcome negative thought patterns, mistaken beliefs and to become more assertive.

I do suffer from anxiety and panic, but to a lesser degree.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Crashing ? There are less plane crashing in any given day on the entire planet than there are car accident in Victoria the same day.

You can't imagine how many millions of times poor Sawdust has repeated this mantra.  Although it may be based in logic, it is of no comfort to my ears.

P.C.

Are you finding it helpful Lil Me ?   Because I find that I can have an itellectual understanding of a concept, but no ability to grasp it emotionally.  Does this book help in this area ?

Michel

Lil Me

Absolutely, P.C.   This book is very helpful in dealing with the emotions, the facts, and the practical how-to's.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Michel- a person cannot just "turn off" anxiety.  Unfortunately.  It's difficult for regular people to understand.  

purelife

P.C., when did you develop this fear?  

P.C.

I think you should just go, stay sober and STFU and enjoy your trip after that flight.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  Don't hold back.....say what you REALLY mean.

.....although your sensitivity is touching.

Sportsdude

I hate airports that are militaristic and loud. I always get anxiety in those places.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Back when I was about 18, purelife.  I was offered a stewardess job with Pacific Western Airlines  (OLD airline.....lol)   I thought it sounded good....and then something happened that made me freeze up at the thought of it.  Don't know what it was though.  

|