So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lise

Hah! I challenge you to a birthgiving contest instead of broken toes!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Heavy rain.  Wish me luck as I head into the typhoon with my little troops for the parade today.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I knitted before, my own scarf, vest...  Mom taught me.  I also needlepointed and sewed.  My dad's dad is a professional sewer who had his own business.  My dad picked up his sewing abilities and my mom knitted these coats with intricate designs using thick thick wool yarn.

I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun at the parade, Lil Me.  Will we be seeing you on the evening news?  

Sportsdude

high noon to you all. :)

I had Malaysian food for the first time yesterday. woah, totally different type of cuisine!
Oddly enough it reminded me of hungarian food for some bizarre reason, must of been the richness.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Heavy rain.  Wish me luck as I head into the typhoon with my little troops for the parade today.

Good luck. I remember marching and playing in crummy weather at the cenetaph for years.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Speaking of parades, is anyone going to the Santa Claus parade in Downtown?

I [font style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);" size="5"]LOVE[/font] parades, being in them and being a spectator.    

Lil Me

Wow purelife!  You can do all kinds of stuff.

Remembrance Day was...wet.  But I had the best batch of Beaver kids in years.  They were so patient and quiet.  They totally deserved the hot chocolate and hot dogs provided by the Legion afterwards.  Good thing we had a "practice parade" at last night's meeting.

Used the last of the Halloween pumpkins in a coconut pumpkin bread.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Good luck in the parade today, LM. I don't know how you can do it, marching in the wet weather and all. It's good to be part of a parade that reminds us what today means.

I've been to the parade in downtown. Didn't like it very much. Too crowded for my taste. The last time we went, we were literally frozen popsicles waiting for the parade. Then again, the kids might like it. I know for sure Lise Jr. enjoyed the parade.

Malaysian food is the same as Hungarian food? Not by a milestone, crazy man.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

We're supposed to do the Santa Claus Parade with Scouts on Dec 7.  Will be fine if we dress for the weather.

I haven't been there since I attended the 1st Santa Claus Parade as a spectator (5 years ago?).  Wasn't prepared and froze my butt off.

Lil Me

Chicken gumbo soup at Subway is actually really good!  Jeckyl was at a bday party, and Heckyl wanted Subway turkey & ham sammy.

P.C.

Lil Me wrote:  Wow purelife!  You can do all kinds of stuff.

No kidding !!!  Good job purelife !

And cheers to you too Lil....for taking the little ones to Remembrance Parade.  It's important to keep this day in the hearts of our next generations.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Michel wrote:  I'm not impressed *smashs his own foot with a hammer to win this attention whore match*

LOL.....don't know how I missed this one.  TOO funny Michel.

Michel

P.C.

I'm playing catch-up again.  We did go back up island again today in search of our new abode instead of the on-line looky-loo.  Just a measly hundred grand short of a great selection.....lol.

|