So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Russ

Morning! Beautiful and sunny on this fine day.. wondering what Im going to accomplish today. Im hoping to get a buddy over and continue cleaning and organizing the garage.

Actually I should call him otherwise he will probably go do something else.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

morning! crazy fun weekend.
Somehow I managed to break my toe or fracture it in a weird drunken moment of another person where I was running across a room to save this person from falling out a 2 story window. We took over the town, literally, as there's nobody really living there. Funny, considering back in the 1840s the place was the 2nd largest town in the West after San Francisco.

Oh and a cool thing happened. No cell phone reception in this town. So you had to use phone booths. Reminds me of the good old days as I'm the oldest in this group. haha

Oh and since we had no reception we wondered if the world was falling apart outside all weekend (hey we're all news junkies or we wouldn't be doing what we're doing).  

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Broke your toe? Oh nasty. I did it about three years ago and it's still not right.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

It's something like that, I don't know yet, it's getting harder to walk, going to hospital again. lol
It was weird, blood and everything yet there wasn't a cut. It just rose from the skin, weirdest injury I've ever seen.

Lil Me

Ouch, SD.

I walked in circles at Michaels.  I h8 that place.  It's a large, confusing store full of stuff I don't know how to use!

Needed some supplies for my grandmother's upcoming bday party (90th)- the idea is to get all the guests to pen a short bday note...and all these notes will be compiled in an album with the photos, cards, etc. from the event.

Fortunately, my cousin's two daughters (who have more artistic talent than the rest of us combined) are going to glue the album together.

I bought the actual scrapbook albums (2 pack at Costco), and some blocks of small coloured cardstock and scrapbook stickers at Michaels.

I was befuddled by the array of paper cutters, die cut machines, stamps...then I got side-tracked and started looking at cake decorations, ribbons, and everything else in the damn place.  An HOUR later...I was still walking in circles, sweating by that time, and slightly panicky.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

lol......were you tempted at all to take up needlepoint or anything of the like Lil Me ?     Dollar Giant has a huge selection of scrapbooky stuff....and of course it's only a buck....compared to $4.95 and up at Michaels.  

Spent the whole day looky-looing.  Wow....house prices have sure dropped over the last few months.  It's funny how I think that means we'll be able to afford more house now.  I mean....why shouldn't our house price stay up there.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

lol P.C.  I do the same mental calculation with real estate.

I hafta admit...I was tempted to try a crossstitch- an easy one (I think it was for kids), just to prove to myself that I CAN do it, even if it's something that I dislike and will never do again.  Like the latch-hook kit that I did about 10 years ago.

Does anyone knit?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Of all the types of crafts out there, knitting and crocheting are 2 things I don't do.  I tried it a couple times, but I just didn't like it. (probably because I was bad at it )

Lil Me

Remembrance Day tomorrow.  Has anyone lost a relative in a war?

Mr LM's grandfather lost a leg in WWII.  My great uncles fought in WWII (as a result, they were granted Canadian citizenshipafter the war), and fortunately they all returned.

P.C.

My neighbour whom we grew up with as kids, lost his leg as well.  He is one of my most favourite people in the world.  You will never meet anyone as sweet and funny and totally laid back as he.  I love him to pieces.  

P.C.

I hope this isn't insensitive, but does Mr LM still have his grandpa ?

Lil Me

No, but he lived until about 10 years ago.  He returned from the war and worked as a customs agent mostly in Coutts, AB and Cranbrook, BC.  Then he retired and moved to Raymond, AB where he eventually died.  

Sportsdude

morning... I seriously need to stop partying. lol Oh well the term is basically over.

Turns out its not a broken toe, it's A BROKEN FOOT. oye Also I've developed a high ankle sprain, maybe some torn ligaments all of this over some weird freak accident. The doctor was convinced I was drunk when this happen, I kept saying over and over again that I was the one with the headache who went to bed early at 4am. I wasn't the one falling out of the window as that person was the one I was running to stop and save from certain death.

I lost my uncle in the Seige of Budapest.

|