So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

lol.  I had forgotten about Serenity Now!  Should teach that to my dad sometime.  We refer to the "throbbing temple" every time he gets angry.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

evening!

We ended up cleaning up LOTS in the backyard again. We got rid of about 1/2 a Ton of metal and scrap, then filled the rest up with other bits n bobs like the lower 4 feet of branches from an evergreen tree in the back yard thats been annoying me everytime i go by it or attempt to drag something out from underneath it.

PC: Dont want something thats as permanent as that, we have a topper over our upper deck above our carport thats glass and aluminum. This is for the lower concrete deck pad that my bbq is on.

LM: Yes. Thats exactly the idea. Ill take a picture before and after just so you all know, Im thinking I might attempt it later tomorrow afternoon. My godmother from whistler showed up today partway through the cleanup and I put winter tires on her Liberty.. and she managed to finagle me going over to her relatives place and help with yardwork. I cant say no to her, shes more strict with me than my mother is.

PL: Yes theres someone helping me.. I think. Well theres SUPPOSED to be anyhow.

I think we are going to schedule a look at this house for friday.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Russ

You bought some of their food from their food stand or you bought something to cook up?  

Michel

P.C.

LOL Russ.....so those keys are REALLY getting to you !!!!
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
LOL Russ.....so those keys are REALLY getting to you !!!!

does it show? lol

Sportsdude

evening. excellent day.
I'm a grad student. I would be able to take grad courses in this one field (for which I've read 3 of the course material books) but since I'm not an unclassified student, I can't take any of their courses. lol

Anyway that was my 'awesome' moment of the day, realizing I've read and own books that graduate students must read.

I'm convinced last year was a harder school. Apparently you're suppose to have your grades drop when transferring to UBC and not be making A's. (so an advisor told me). Then again I'm not 18/19 and 'my peers' in class are usually the graduate student TA's (I've stumped the poli sci T.A. on Canadian History/Parliamentary bills a few times). That might be the reason. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I'm not sure which one I'm more fascinated with...... Russ' icon or the fact he's roaming around the backyard like a beaver.

Thursday looks to be sunny. Yaaay! A break in the rainy weather we've been having. I keep looking at the ads for Palm Spring and Hawaii. *sigh* I just wanna go where it isn't so wet..... is that so hard to ask???  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

You don't like the super dark sky at high noon and rain Lise? *gasp*

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Just a wee bit Russ.....just a wee bit  

P.C.

PC: Dont want something thats as permanent as that, we have a topper over our upper deck above our carport thats glass and aluminum. This is for the lower concrete deck pad that my bbq is on.

Your solution sounds perfect for that.

Lil Me

Your rolling cover sounds kewl, but a lot of work for a tarp.

I'm always blown away by the array of outdoor fabrics and materials by the roll at Outdoor Innovations on Main.  (P.C.- you would LOVE this place...plastics, vinyls, canvas, mosquito netting).  Me, I don't buy fabrics.  I just drop off my junk to be repaired.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Outdoor Inovations ?   I even love the name.  I must check it out next time I'm over.

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Your rolling cover sounds kewl, but a lot of work for a tarp.

Yeah, its gonna taek about 2 hours to get it rigged up intially after I buy all the stuff for it. After that it will take about 2 minutes to setup and maybe 5 to put away, and it wont flop about in the wind or drip water down your back when you go towards the edges.
I tend to  overplan and overthink stuff.
And procrastinate
Alot  

|