So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

purelife

Michel wrote:
Sorry, I think you say yerk in English for that expression (means you're disgusted).

I don't think I've heard of this before.  I'll have to google.

Michel

Russ

Hey..

Heading out for Starfishies BDay.
I wanted to say something in response to what was said before but I cant remember what it was.
Oh, there used to be 'free' parking in ubc, but there probably is pay parking everywhere now. Its a rip off there.

PSST LISE:  What did you end up getting for your lawn grubs? Im going to get that white spore stuff.. neumatodes or something.

EDIT: Did anyone get gordo's speach tonight? And that idiot Carol James's response?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

It was a much more negative picture than Mr. Campbell portrayed just three weeks ago: "This is where the jobs are. This is where the growth is, right here in the province of British Columbia."

pulled a McCain, ouch.

"Our economy has been largely cushioned by construction. So this is an area where the government has a lot of capacity to do some stuff, infrastructure and so on," said Darcy Rezac, managing director of the Vancouver Board of Trade.

we're doomed after the olympics or even before it. Ritz has been suspended.

However, the promise to accelerate capital spending did not include any figures and could result in increased debt for the province.[/p]  It's a practice that Mr. Campbell eschewed in 1998, when he insisted that spending was no solution for economic troubles.[/p]  "The answer to the current economic crisis in B.C. is not more government debt and overspending," Mr. Campbell, then leader of the Liberal opposition, wrote in a letter to The Vancouver Sun. "More debt does not solve anything. It means more taxes and fewer services tomorrow."[/p]---[/p]
[/p][a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081022.wcampbell1022/BNStory/politics/home"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081022.wcampbell1022/BNStory/politics/home[/a]
[/p]
[/p]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Evening eveyone!  I had a sucky day.  3 fillings at the dentist this morning- 2 sections on the lower left where I was missing tooth enamel.  Required freezing the front and back sections, so I was frozen up until dinner time.  Lise- are you there?  The dentist (family friend) gave me a deal by charging $300 total.  I'm curious as to how much I potentially saved here.

Happy BDay Starfish!

Crock pot chicken soup with couscous and vegetables.  I was happy that I could finally eat something by 5:00pm.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

salmon egg salad sandwich  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Has anyone seen a cheap waffle iron lately?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

I was just thinking the exact same thing, Michel.

How was your apple and cereal?

Michel

Lil Me

Hopefully Gordo's 33% ferry reduction will stimulate tourism...and enable BC residents to move about the province more easily...  

Lil Me

Take the apples on the plane in your suitcase (and make sure you eat them in Ottawa, so you're not bringing them home again!)

Just heard about the H.I. Ottawa Jail Hostel.  What a neat sounding place.  Might be haunted!

|