So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

Island no contest. I'm not going broke on food costs.
I was spending over a thousand a month on food alone and it was the only thing I was buying.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Michel

P.C.

A thousand a MONTH ?  You should be able to feed a family of 4 on steak and lobster for a month for that kind of money.  Sawdust and I don't spend half that. *add....and we eat pretty good.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I didn't have a car. So my options were limited. Then when I did bring the car I just went to Superstore, but in what I saved food wise I paid in gas.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

A dentist once told me that drinking coffee before getting your mouth frozen helps speed the recovery of freezing process.  I haven't tried it yet.  

Michel

Lil Me

Hai purelife!

Interesting about the coffee.  I did a prety good job of chewing on the inside of my lip while my mouth was still frozen.  And I have a couple of swollen lumps deep in my jaw where the needle went in.

Slightly offtopic is the problem of trying to find parking near VGH.  I drove in circles for a long time before I could get to the dentist.  Couldn't fit in several parkades (overheight vehicle) and missed a couple of parallel parking attempts, due to nervousness...I'm from the suburbs, dammit.  The parking spaces are much bigger out in the sticks.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

I think that SD eats more than the average bear.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

You're seriously doing something wrong if you're spending almost 35 bucks a day on food.  

Michel

P.C.

I think he must eat more than the average zoo.

Bummer on the chewed cheeks Lil Me.  God I hugely dislike that whole frozen mouth thing.  

Lil Me

$35 a day on food for a student = 35 noodle cups!!!!  Wow, that IS a lot of food :)  

P.C.

Convenience foods are always more expensive.  

|