So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
Hopefully Gordo's 33% ferry reduction will stimulate tourism...and enable BC residents to move about the province more easily...  

(sarcastic) hahahaha
lol

Its 13 bucks now
this puts it back to 10 bucks or 'what I paid last year'

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Oh blesses Lil Me.  Nothing worse than a frozen mouth.  Sounds to me like you saved a bundle.

33% savings will feel a lot better to a driver than the 3 bucks a foot passenger will feel.  50 bucks instead of 75 works for me.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I think that if the gov't is serious about greenhouse gas reductions,  the ferry should be either FREE or really cheap for cyclists and pedestrians.  It's part of the Trans Canada Highway, for pete's sake.  It shouldn't cost and arm and a leg.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Thanks, P.C.!

Does anyone else feel headachey and barfy as a result of the freezing?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Well, they have to subsidize the free ferries in other parts of the province.

Michel

P.C.

I don't get barfy....but I get headachey.  Ick.....such a yuck feeling....you feel like you're using rented lips.  

Michel

Sportsdude

It just means the same prices as last year. Nobody was going last year and were all complaining pre-halloween jack up (from what I remember). Nothing is going to change. The island is still Alcatraz. Food is still 50% more expensive to buy and to eat out,  room rates have not dropped. It will still cost me over 125-150 at least just for a weekend and that's staying at a friends place.

And I thought BC Ferries was privatized, if it was Gordon could say I'm dropping the prices the prices for 3 months out of the goodness of my empty heart. It's private, they do their own shit. Since its not, it's Gordon punishing the Island for not voting Liberal in every riding except 4, with 3 of those being Liberal because of vote spliting with the Greens. He hates the Island and could care less about the people living there.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Food is still 50% more expensive to buy and to eat out

Ya know....this REALLY surprised me the last time I was over.  I could not get over the prices of food there.  It was insanely higher than ours.  It sure didn't used to be, but it sure is now.  

Michel

P.C.

It used to be slightly higer on the Island (nowhere even remotely close to 50% higher).....then it sort of leveled off......but the last time I was over, I grocery shopped every day .....and I was shocked at how much higher it was than ours.  Some things up to $2 greater for a single item.

|